https://www.proz.com/forum/interpreting/38559-esit_entrance_exam_and_timetables.html

ESIT entrance exam and timetables
Thread poster: Yamato (X)
Yamato (X)
Yamato (X)
Bulgaria
Local time: 07:47
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 2, 2005

Greetings to all, fellow word-lovers and looked up to interpreters!

I hope this is the right place for my queries, since I was not too sure where to post.

It might seem a bizarre question, but does anyone known the rough timetables of students in the ESIT interpreting master?

The point is, I am changing flat and I would like to know to plan my day in advance, and know how much margin I got to choose the distance between my (prospective new) flat and ESIT.... See more
Greetings to all, fellow word-lovers and looked up to interpreters!

I hope this is the right place for my queries, since I was not too sure where to post.

It might seem a bizarre question, but does anyone known the rough timetables of students in the ESIT interpreting master?

The point is, I am changing flat and I would like to know to plan my day in advance, and know how much margin I got to choose the distance between my (prospective new) flat and ESIT.

Because it is true, ladies and gentlemen, I am sitting the entrance exam the 3rd of April. :/ I would appreciate any tips about how to prepare myself etc. Fingers crossed and wishes of luck welcome...

Thanks!

[Edited at 2005-11-02 12:16]

[Edited at 2005-11-02 12:26]
Collapse

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 05:47
... Nov 2, 2005

Did you ask the college about the timetable?

Cecile Galy (X)
Cecile Galy (X)
France
Local time: 06:47
English to French
+ ...
Call the Secrétariat!!! Nov 10, 2005

Hi there
Just call the Secrétariat and they'll let you know the timetable for this year that ought to give you a rough idea of what to expect next year. However you should bear in mind that you'll have to practice intensely everyday with your fellow students, and that will mainly happen at school, so I suggest you try and find a flat as near as poss!
And why not take the ISIT exams as well???!!!!
Suerte amigo!

Yamato (X)
Yamato (X)
Bulgaria
Local time: 07:47
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sécretariat Nov 11, 2005

Well, in fact I did something even better, I went up there to see them, and take a good look at the place.

Yes, I knew about the practice hours, but thanks for the tip anyway.

About ISIT, I was in fact hesitating.
Do they have the same level of teaching, etc. ?

I would be interested, I might also try there as a fallback option, but I'll get some info first.

Thanks to everyone.

[Edited at 2005-11-11 20:22]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ESIT entrance exam and timetables

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »