https://www.proz.com/forum/interpreting/40158-the_issue_of_trust_and_gender.html

the issue of trust and gender
Thread poster: bklynally (X)
bklynally (X)
bklynally (X)
English
Dec 11, 2005

Hi everyone,

Can you recall any instances where there was a question of trust, i.e. did anyone ever question your interpretation? Related to this, how do you build trust with clients and other people in the conversation?

Also, how does your gender or gender in general play a role in your profession either in your perspective or from experience?

These are related to my prior post "opinions about being an interpreter".

Thanks.

[Edited at 2
... See more
Hi everyone,

Can you recall any instances where there was a question of trust, i.e. did anyone ever question your interpretation? Related to this, how do you build trust with clients and other people in the conversation?

Also, how does your gender or gender in general play a role in your profession either in your perspective or from experience?

These are related to my prior post "opinions about being an interpreter".

Thanks.

[Edited at 2005-12-11 21:27]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

the issue of trust and gender

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »