Thread poster: Sandrine Savarit
Sandrine Savarit
Sandrine Savarit  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:11
English to French
+ ...
Mar 2, 2006

Hi everybody!

Does anybody know some good distance introductory course to interpreting, on-line or else ?

Thank you !

Rekha Narula
Rekha Narula  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:11
English to French
+ ...
Distance interpreting training Mar 2, 2006

Hello,
I've just seen that you're in New Zealand so I doubt the course run by South Tyneside College, England would not fit the bill? If it does, they do a distance-learning course, although you might be their furthest student, potentially!
All the best,
Rekha

Sandrine Savarit
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 2, 2006

Thanks Rheka. I took my degree in Paris from that end of the globe too. Just had to go to bed a bit late at night !!!!

I'll have a look at their site. Thanks again. Seems very hard to find any distance learning training for interpreting, which is quite logical consedering the topic !!

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:11
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
medical-interpreting certificate online Mar 9, 2006

The Translation Center affiliated with the University of Massachusetts at Amherst offers a medical interpreting certificate online. Here is the website:
http://www.umass.edu/transcen/medicalinterpreting.html

I haven't found any general interpreting online degrees so far. Let me know if you do, I'm interested too. I'll look for information on South Tyneside Colle
... See more
The Translation Center affiliated with the University of Massachusetts at Amherst offers a medical interpreting certificate online. Here is the website:
http://www.umass.edu/transcen/medicalinterpreting.html

I haven't found any general interpreting online degrees so far. Let me know if you do, I'm interested too. I'll look for information on South Tyneside College, mentioned above.

Maria
Collapse

Sandrine Savarit
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 9, 2006

Hi Maria,

Thanks a lot. I'll have a look at their site. The one in South Tyneside College has been cancelled for this year. The institute of linguists may be able to inform me. If I find anything I'll let you know.

sandrine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Distance interpreting training

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »