Mobile menu

CE Credits for TX interpreters
Thread poster: Aimee Skillin

Aimee Skillin
Local time: 09:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 3, 2006

I received an email from the TX Dept. of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) stating that you must have CE hours this year in order to renew your license. So far, they have only approved one confrence put on by NAJIT. It is May 19-21, 2006 in Houston, TX. Deadline for registration is May 8, 2006. According to the Board, they will not renew your license without your CE credits. Unfortunately, the conference is quite expensive because of late registration ($420.00). I called the Board today and they MAY or MAY NOT approve any other conferences this year. Apparently, the entity who hosts the conference must contact TDLR in order for approval. So I am simlpy writing this to all of you so you are aware of the changes and can make the appropriate decision.

You can visit the following sites for more information: for conference information for licensing information.

Good Luck to everyone and I have some other calls out so as I get more information I will update this forum.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CE Credits for TX interpreters

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs