Mobile menu

CE Credits for TX interpreters
Thread poster: Aimee Skillin

Aimee Skillin
Local time: 06:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 3, 2006

I received an email from the TX Dept. of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) stating that you must have CE hours this year in order to renew your license. So far, they have only approved one confrence put on by NAJIT. It is May 19-21, 2006 in Houston, TX. Deadline for registration is May 8, 2006. According to the Board, they will not renew your license without your CE credits. Unfortunately, the conference is quite expensive because of late registration ($420.00). I called the Board today and they MAY or MAY NOT approve any other conferences this year. Apparently, the entity who hosts the conference must contact TDLR in order for approval. So I am simlpy writing this to all of you so you are aware of the changes and can make the appropriate decision.

You can visit the following sites for more information:

www.najit.org for conference information
www.license.state.tx.us/ for licensing information.

Good Luck to everyone and I have some other calls out so as I get more information I will update this forum.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CE Credits for TX interpreters

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs