Thread poster: Cecile Galy
Cecile Galy
France
Local time: 17:39
English to French
+ ...
May 13, 2006

Hey everybody,

I am a student in conference interpreting from the ISIT school in Paris. I have already completed the first year of the course (dedicated to consec) and I am on a break from college until next year.

I am based in Dublin at the moment and would love to hear from anyone who would be interested in practicing their consec or sight translation with me. My language combination is French A, English B and Spanish C.

Direct link Reply with quote

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 16:39
Try my alma mater... May 13, 2006

Hi Cecile,

Why not try posting up a couple of notices in Dublin City University, where they run interpreting courses? I'm sure you'll find someone that way.

Orla

xxxEmmanuelleAn  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Unfortunately... May 13, 2006

Unfortunately the course in Conference Interpreting from Dublin City University stopped in 2002! There's always the MA in Translation Studies if you're interested.

English to French
+ ...
I may be able to help you May 13, 2006

If you want I have some friends/colleagues who work as interpreters in Dublin. One of them did the course with me in Dublin and she's very good. They may agree to help you a bit on your consec. Email me directly if you're interested. I'll see if I can help you. Are you planning to work as an interpreter in Dublin?

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
ITIA May 13, 2006

EmmanuelleAnn wrote:

Unfortunately the course in Conference Interpreting from Dublin City University stopped in 2002! There's always the MA in Translation Studies if you're interested.

I too am pretty sure they no longer run the course. However, if you contact the Secretary of the Irish Translators' and Interpreters' Association, she may be able to help you, as she is quite involved in the Community Interpreting issue. I prefer not to broadcast her name, but she also happens to be a lecturer at DCU:-)

English to French
+ ...
DCU/ITIA May 13, 2006

Lia Fail wrote:

I too am pretty sure they no longer run the course. However, if you contact the Secretary of the Irish Translators' and Interpreters' Association, she may be able to help you, as she is quite involved in the Community Interpreting issue. I prefer not to broadcast her name, but she also happens to be a lecturer at DCU:-)

Yes I think I know who you are talking about. She used to teach us classes on European institutions when I was doing the diploma in DCU. She is a very nice and helpful person. As far as I can recall she was very involved in Community Interpreting.

Cecile Galy
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for all your help May 14, 2006

Already tried to post adds in DCU (no degree in conference interpreting anymore BUT they still have a diploma in Community Interpreting) and tried to got in touch with that one lecturer in DCU, to no avail unfortunately..... That is why I thought I would try my luck with the proz community to see if there would any professional interpreter interested in practicing their consec.....!

English to French
+ ...
Email me May 14, 2006

Cécile Galy wrote:

Already tried to post adds in DCU (no degree in conference interpreting anymore BUT they still have a diploma in Community Interpreting) and tried to got in touch with that one lecturer in DCU, to no avail unfortunately..... That is why I thought I would try my luck with the proz community to see if there would any professional interpreter interested in practicing their consec.....!

As I said email me directly and I'll see what I can do for you! I am still in touch with professionals in Dublin.

Cecile Galy
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
already emailed you! May 14, 2006

EmmanuelleAnn wrote:

As I said email me directly and I'll see what I can do for you! I am still in touch with professionals in Dublin.

Already emailed you hope you got it or i'll send it again!!!

English to French
+ ...
Got it! May 14, 2006

Just got your email! I'm a bit busy right now. I'll email you back tomorrow (the latest). Hope that's all right with you. Say "hello" to Dublin for me!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting up practice groups in Dublin, Ireland

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs