Mobile menu

Looking for interpreting practice partner, preferably Russian English
Thread poster: Bella Sherman

Bella Sherman
Local time: 18:15
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 5, 2006

I am looking for a practice partner to get together daily and practice both simultaneous and consecutive interpreting. You need to have a high speed Internet connection, a skype or other instant messenger with voice account. Your country of residence does not matter. Let's help each other to get better. I am able to interpret simultaneously for about 15 minutes now. And want to build more endurance. I also want to improve my note taking system for consectuve interepreting. Ideally, I want to take notes when someone speaks for 10-15 minutes with no interrruptions. I am convinced that there are other Russian/English interpreters out there who want to improve the quality of their work.

Direct link Reply with quote

Boris Sigalov
Local time: 01:15
English to Russian
How are you gonna do it? Jun 6, 2006

Hi bellash,

And what's your methodology?

Please contact me directly.

ksyusha
Local time: 01:15
English to Russian
I will be glad to work in pair Jun 7, 2006

bellash wrote:

I am looking for a practice partner to get together daily and practice both simultaneous and consecutive interpreting. You need to have a high speed Internet connection, a skype or other instant messenger with voice account. Your country of residence does not matter. Let's help each other to get better. I am able to interpret simultaneously for about 15 minutes now. And want to build more endurance. I also want to improve my note taking system for consectuve interepreting. Ideally, I want to take notes when someone speaks for 10-15 minutes with no interrruptions. I am convinced that there are other Russian/English interpreters out there who want to improve the quality of their work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for interpreting practice partner, preferably Russian English

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs