Thread poster: Kati Bumbera

Kati Bumbera  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:00
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Oct 23, 2006

Hello,

can anyone please recommend any websites, forums etc. where I could read about interpreting in Spain (what qualifications are needed and where/how to get them, how's the job market, epxeriences, stories etc.)?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Silvia Oviedo Lopez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Interpreting in Spain. Nov 17, 2006

Hi,

Interpreting in Spain, I suppose, is much like in any other European country (at least to my knowledge.)
Since the recent increase in immigration there is a need for interpreters in hospitals/courts/police stations, but the languages needed are mainly those of the immigrants (east-european languages, arabic, french, english, chinese, etc.)
I have a degree in Translation&Interpreting (2nd webpage), and have been at conferences a couple of times.
I suppose that after some years you can make a living, but most of the interpreters I know (myself included) have parallel jobs.
You can also become a certified interpreter by the ministry of foreign affairs (via translation&interpreting degree or via official exam).
Anyway, you don't need any qualification apart from Secondary School to work.
Maybe you'd like to check these links:
http://espaiic.es/textos/index.html
http://www.cesfelipesegundo.com/netscape/menu2/mainhome2.html#llti

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting in Spain - info needed por favor

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums