simultaneous interpreting
Thread poster: mir4884
mir4884
Peru
Local time: 23:29
German to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 26, 2007

I'm looking for information about the ear-voice-span (or declage) in the simultaneous interpreting from a SOV- language (subjet-object-verb). i'd thank anybody who could help me find a source of information.

Direct link Reply with quote

VIVA VOCE Ltd.  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 05:29
English to Croatian
+ ...
what in particular Mar 26, 2007

What in particular are you looking for? Are you wondering about the length of the segment the interpreter needs to monitor before encoding, or some other aspect?

Usually in SOV language patterns you would need the least time and have the least difficulties...Try to be more specific about it...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

simultaneous interpreting

Advanced search

Translation news

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs