Problema con Powerpoint
Thread poster: Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:15
German to Italian
+ ...
Sep 4, 2003

ciao a tutti,
ho un problemino con powerpoint: ho due file con testi molto simili e vorrei sapere se c'è una funzione "confronta" come in word, per vedere quanto è il testo nuovo e quanto invece è uguale al testo vecchio. Ho provato a fare un copia-incolla in word, ma riesco a vedere solo i titoli di ogni pagina, e non il testo. Cosa posso fare? grazie mille!

Direct link Reply with quote

Eugenia Corbo  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Extract the text using TWindow for Powerpoint Sep 4, 2003

Lorenzo Lilli wrote:

ciao a tutti,
ho un problemino con powerpoint: ho due file con testi molto simili e vorrei sapere se c'è una funzione "confronta" come in word, per vedere quanto è il testo nuovo e quanto invece è uguale al testo vecchio. Ho provato a fare un copia-incolla in word, ma riesco a vedere solo i titoli di ogni pagina, e non il testo. Cosa posso fare? grazie mille!

Ciao Lorenzo, I'll write in English because my Italian is getting a little rusty...
If you use Trados, open the TWindow for Powerpoint, then open file, go to Trados, Extract text. Then do that with the other Powerpoint presentation and compare the two extracted files in Word (or run a Trados analysis using the "Use TM from previous analysis feature". I suggest you also obtain a Presentation Statistics file (also in the Trados menu) that can tell you what was excluded in the process of text extraction (e.g. text that is saved as an image, etc.) If you don't have Trados, let me know and I can extract the text for you using this method!

Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:15
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
grazie Sep 4, 2003

Thanks a lot Eugenia: I don't use trados, but I've found a very simple solution. The reason why I couldn't see the copied and pasted text in word was simply this: it was white (apart from black titles, which I could actually see). So the background in PP was blue, but in word it was white too... what a perfect camouflage!!! So, thanks again, bye

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Simone Catania[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problema con Powerpoint

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs