ProZ.com Forums Rules of Etiquette
The ProZ.com discussion forums are a free, private service provided to ProZ.com users in order to discuss translation-related topics. The following Rules of Etiquette have been created to provide a pleasant, results-oriented atmosphere for discussion.
The following are not allowed:
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation
- The use of profanity, obscenities, or objectionable language
Impersonating others or using assumed identities
- Use of unauthorized copies of material (copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected)
- Personal attacks on others
Comments made on another's behalf (ex. "Jenny thinks...")
- Straying off the discussion topic within a thread
- Inhibiting any other user from using and enjoying the service
- Posting or transmitting anything containing a virus or other harmful component
- Posting any comment or topic that is controversial or political in nature, and is not related to the language industry or the art of translation
ProZ.com staff does not, however, review all items before posting. There is no real-time moderator on duty, so readers enter at their own risk. ProZ.com doed not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any posting.
To facilitate productive discussions, it is important that the subject/title lines of postings be representative of the content in the body of the postings. Examples of good subject lines:
- Indemnity insurance - do I need it? Where can I get it?
- New freelancer seeks tips on translation software
Examples of bad subject lines:
- KudoZ (problem: too general)
- For all translators to read (problem: not representative of content)
Please note that ProZ.com staff members may edit or replace subject lines. The ProZ.com staff also reserves the right to edit the body of postings, in part or in full. Whenever editing is done, a note in brackets will appear. (ie.