Thread poster: italia
italia
italia  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:00
Italian to German
+ ...
Apr 30, 2002

Ciao a tutti! Mi e\' stato chiesto da parte di un mio cliente di tradurre prossimamente dei file disponibili solo in PDF. Purtroppo non l\'ho mai fatto prima d\'ora e non so proprio che pesce pigliare.

Qualcuno mi sa dire come procedere???

Grazie mille per i vostri contributi!!!

Buon 1 maggio a tutti!!!

))
[addsig]

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:00
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
File PDF Apr 30, 2002

A seconda di come sono stati creati, dai file PDF puoi 1) selezionare il testo, quindi copiarlo in un altro file (per esempio, di Microsoft Word), e quindi tradurlo normalmente, oppure 2) se il file PDF non ti permette di selezionare il testo, dovresti comunque poterlo stampare, e quindi tradurre dallo stampato.

La cosa importante è chiedere in che formato vuole la traduzione: io normalmente in questi casi la consegno in MS Word, ma controlla con il tuo cliente.

Félix Saiz
Félix Saiz  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just like hard copy May 1, 2002

Hello!

Sorry, if I don\'t use Italian, I can read it, but I prefer to write in English

I use to work with PDF documents just like hard copy material. That is, if I have to translate the whole document, I create a new .doc file and copy all the text into it, then I translate the .doc file. However, if you only have to do small modifications, or if the pdf is very short (several sentences) you can use Adobe A
... See more
Hello!

Sorry, if I don\'t use Italian, I can read it, but I prefer to write in English

I use to work with PDF documents just like hard copy material. That is, if I have to translate the whole document, I create a new .doc file and copy all the text into it, then I translate the .doc file. However, if you only have to do small modifications, or if the pdf is very short (several sentences) you can use Adobe Acrobat (the full version, not Acrobat Reader, the free plug-in) to edit the pdf sentence by sentence.

Your client should be aware that the format of your .doc file will not be exactly the same as the pdf, so if he/she is very concerned about format, he/she should send you the source document from which the pdf was created (PageMaker, FrameMaker, QuarkXpress...)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Félix

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-01 00:51 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

lavorare con file PDF

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »