Off topic: Napoli - Durazzo - una domanda sull'istoria
Thread poster: Csaba Ban

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:20
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Feb 5, 2006

Excuse me for writing in English in the Italian forum - I hope you will not be too much offended.
I am writing a short article on Carlo di Durazzo (il Piccolo) (1346 - 1386). I found enough references in Hungarian, but there are two questions still outstanding. As my Italian is very basic, I cannot search Italian resources by Google - perhaps you can point me to the right direction. Here are my two questions:
1. What is the family relationship between Carlo di Durazzo (Piccolo) and Luigi, king of Hungary?
2. How long was Durazzo held by Napoli or the Angio (Anjou) family? Was the area concentrated only to the city of Durazzo, or it went further inland into Albania?

Thank you in advance.

PS I am able to read Italian, but I cannot write in it.

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 11:20
Hope it will help you! Feb 5, 2006

Carlo di Durazzo, il Piccolo is also mentioned in the "Storia d'Italia" written by Francesco Guicciardini in the 1530s.
If I'm not wrong you can find something about Carlo in the first book but, being it a XVI-century work, the language is a bit difficult.
That's the link:

Good luck!

Prawi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:20
German to Italian
ancora un link Feb 5, 2006

Hallo Csaba,

here another Link: -

If you need help in reading/understanding the language, you can contact me per mail.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Simone Catania[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Napoli - Durazzo - una domanda sull'istoria

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs