In alto i calici: altri 90 di questi anni alla "collega" Fernanda Pivano!
Thread poster: Francesca Pesce
Francesca Pesce
Francesca Pesce  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:21
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 18, 2007

Ho scelto non a caso il Forum Literature/Poetry, anziché il forum italiano, ma anche questo le va un po' stretto.

Una Traduttrice con la T maiuscola, che - potrei metterci la mano sul fuoco - non ha mai usato i CAT, ma ha fatto conoscere agli italiani una cultura, più che solo dei "semplici" libri.

E' molto restrittivo chiamarla "collega": Fernanda Pivano è molto di più di una traduttrice.

E che vita! Chi l'ha detto che la cultura è seriosa e noiosa
... See more
Ho scelto non a caso il Forum Literature/Poetry, anziché il forum italiano, ma anche questo le va un po' stretto.

Una Traduttrice con la T maiuscola, che - potrei metterci la mano sul fuoco - non ha mai usato i CAT, ma ha fatto conoscere agli italiani una cultura, più che solo dei "semplici" libri.

E' molto restrittivo chiamarla "collega": Fernanda Pivano è molto di più di una traduttrice.

E che vita! Chi l'ha detto che la cultura è seriosa e noiosa!

Lunga vita a Fernanda Pivano: abbiamo ancora molto molto bisogno di lei!
Collapse

Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 20:51
English to Hindi
+ ...
Can you please use some English too? Jul 18, 2007

Dear Member,
I don't know Italiano ....I hope you mean well in your message.
Please use English if possible in future.
Roomy

Francesca Pesce
Francesca Pesce  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I apologise, but I chose specifically this time to write in Italian Jul 18, 2007

Roomy Naqvy wrote:

Dear Member,
I don't know Italiano ....I hope you mean well in your message. Please use English if possible in future.
Roomy

I hadn't thought about the fact that the moderator might not know Italian. Sorry!

I just wanted to celebrate with other colleagues the 90th birthday of Fernanda Pivano: a great woman, a great translator, a great intellectual, a very amusing person (and I could go on and on ....).

She is THE translator into Italian of the US beat generation, but not only that.

Who says that culture is and must be boring certainly doesn't know Fernanda Pivano.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Francesca Jul 18, 2007

Maybe this thread should be moved to the Italian forum?

Natalia

sofiablu (X)
sofiablu (X)
Netherlands
Happy birthday, Fernanda! Jul 18, 2007

Yes, she is THE translator, the bridge to another country, her work is a milestone for Italian and American culture as well.

And thank you, Francesca, for remembering a great woman.

Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:21
English to Italian
Many happy returns! Jul 19, 2007

So true: she's a great Woman and a wonderful mind.

She has lived a most amazing life, passing through 9 decades of literary, historic and intellectual changes. Thanks to her and her translations, American authors like Hemingway, Lee Masters or Kerouac (just to mention a few)have been introduced to the Italian public.

Just a little note: last year at the age of 89 Fernanda Pivano has published 2 books. Amazing.

Elisa Comito
Elisa Comito  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Happy birthday and thank you, Fernanda! Jul 19, 2007

And thanks to you, Francesca, for this post!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In alto i calici: altri 90 di questi anni alla "collega" Fernanda Pivano!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »