Thread poster: Sarah Cuminetti

Sarah Cuminetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:00
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 2, 2007

Buongiorno a tutti
non sono certa che questa sia l'area giusta per questa domanda, ma ci provo...
Se un cittadino inglese, che risidede in inghilterra, emette una "ritenuta d'acconto" (non ha partita iva), in italia non è soggetto al pagamento di tasse. Bisogna quindi fargli inserire una "dichiarazione" in tal senso: sia in italiano che in inglese? E' una dichiarazione "fissa"?
Grazie anticipatamente,
Sarah

Direct link Reply with quote

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:00
Member (2004)
Italian to English
Excuse my English Nov 2, 2007

Hi Sarah
Firstly the "ritenuta d'acconto" doesn't apply as the UK based translator has no means of recovering it from the Italian exchequer. A simple, sequentially numbered, invoice will suffice and the wording you require is:
Operazione fuori campo IVA secondo art. 7, comma 4, lett. D, DPR 633, 20/10/1972.
HTH

Sarah Cuminetti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Italian sentence on British invoice? Nov 2, 2007

Thank you so much - - therefore you would include this sentence in italian in your British invoice? Would that be acceptable in both Countries ?

Russell Jones wrote:

Hi Sarah
Firstly the "ritenuta d'acconto" doesn't apply as the UK based translator has no means of recovering it from the Italian exchequer. A simple, sequentially numbered, invoice will suffice and the wording you require is:
Operazione fuori campo IVA secondo art. 7, comma 4, lett. D, DPR 633, 20/10/1972.
HTH

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:00
Member (2004)
Italian to English
VAT exempt Nov 2, 2007

Hi Sarah

Being based in the UK, I don't need an equivalent for UK clients.
As a freelancer I have to earn about €90,000 a year for VAT registration to be mandatory. If I were registered, I would of course ensure that the client knew I would be charging VAT before accepting a job.
I just put "Not registered for VAT" on my invoice for the sake of clarity.
Putting the sentence I gave you in Italian on invoices to Italian clients would be of no interest to the UK authorities because I am not registered with them for VAT.
If you are invoicing British clients from Italy, on the other hand, I am sure you don't charge IVA and clients will accept this without question.
We just don't quote law numbers etc. as is done so universally in Italy. Whether you need a form of words to satisfy the Italian authorities, I don't know. No doubt an Italian based translator will clarify that for you.

Laura Fenati  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Modulo fattura Nov 3, 2007

Ciao Sarah,

se ti interessa avere un modulo di fattura in lingua inglese PER il mercato di lingua inglese, puoi scrivermi in privato e ti mando il mio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Simone Catania[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Frase in italiano su fattura inglese per esenzione IVA

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs