日本語のWindowsで英語の単語登録?
Thread poster: Stephen H Gill
Stephen H Gill
Stephen H Gill
Japan
Local time: 00:32
Japanese to English
Sep 15, 2008

日本語のWindowsで英語の単語登録のやり方教えていただけますか。ない場合、日本語の変換施設に邪魔しない方法を分かればまた是非教えて下さい!英語で打っている大きい原稿ファイルで使いたいです。

Nao Barco
Nao Barco
Spanish to Japanese
+ ...
Re: 日本語のWindowsで英語の単語登録 Sep 18, 2008

Hi Stephen,

Please tell us more precisely what you are trying to do.
Are you trying to input hiragana and then convert it an English word, or do you mean any other kind of operation?

And what kind of Japanese language input tool do you use (Microsoft IME, ATOK, etc.)?

Stephen H Gill
Stephen H Gill
Japan
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Quick Input software problems with Japanese operating system Sep 19, 2008

Nao, You kindly ask for more precise details of my predicament. My Microsoft IME op. system in Japanese means that when I choose to type a Word file in English with software such as Quick Input for repeat vocabulary activated (selection of best word offered is made through the Enter or Tab keys), it doesn't work and such software interferes with the typing of Japanese (it doesn't turn into kanji). Tango toroku (memorized vocab) facility only seems to work smoothly when typing in Japanese, but I ... See more
Nao, You kindly ask for more precise details of my predicament. My Microsoft IME op. system in Japanese means that when I choose to type a Word file in English with software such as Quick Input for repeat vocabulary activated (selection of best word offered is made through the Enter or Tab keys), it doesn't work and such software interferes with the typing of Japanese (it doesn't turn into kanji). Tango toroku (memorized vocab) facility only seems to work smoothly when typing in Japanese, but I am going to be typing in English 4-5 hours a day soon. Should I buy an English op. system computer perhaps, or is there a way of getting memorized Eng. vocab to appear and be selected easily without using Quick Input or changing my op. system? Perhaps I've overlooked something fundamental in my quest to have an easy-to-use repeat vocab facility on my computer. Thanks for anything you can suggest. Anyone who's using Quick Input successfully on an English system, also please say! It looks like a really helpful tool for large translation jobs.Collapse

cinefil
cinefil  Identity Verified
Japan
Member (2005)
French to Japanese
+ ...
ご参考 Sep 19, 2008

単語、辞書登録のやり方はこうですよ
http://tama-ru.com/pc/howtodic.shtml

http://q.hatena.ne.jp/1216527144

http://www.click-assist.com/AM/winxp/winxp001.htm

Nao Barco
Nao Barco
Spanish to Japanese
+ ...
Now I understand, but... Sep 20, 2008

... I'm sorry I have no idea that would help you. Quick Input might not be compatible with Japanese op. system, or with MS IME.

The following tool, which allows you to pick up words registered on the clipboard, might be an alternative option,
but it might not be as useful as Quick
... See more
... I'm sorry I have no idea that would help you. Quick Input might not be compatible with Japanese op. system, or with MS IME.

The following tool, which allows you to pick up words registered on the clipboard, might be an alternative option,
but it might not be as useful as Quick Input (I have never used this tool)
http://home.u03.itscom.net/skyblue/factory/TaskClip/taskclip.html
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

日本語のWindowsで英語の単語登録?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »