Ideas

User
Thread poster: Thomas Groendal
Accounting Software

Thomas Groendal  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:01
Japanese to English
Feb 4, 2010

I am a J-E translator and was wondering what accounting software or methods you use.
I would like to do a better job tracking my invoices, payments received and characters/words output, but my excel file method isn't as clean as I would like. (I want something that will automate the process and force me to keep track of payments, et. al.)
Do you recommend any software that is capable of dealing with clients and invoicing in both Japanese and English? (Yayoi Kaikei, TO3000, Quicken, etc.)

Tom Groendal

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:01
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
How about the one below? Feb 4, 2010

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure of the scale of your accounting purposes, but maybe the link below may be helpful.

http://www.obc.co.jp/

The name of the software is called 勘定奉行, which I believe, if I'm not mistaken is mostly used at companies.

HTH

Yasutomo

[Edited at 2010-02-04 04:40 GMT]

Elodie04
Local time: 21:01
TioLive works in Japan and in English-speaking countries Feb 5, 2010

Hi Thomas,

you can use TioLive ERP/CRM. Its accounting function is very complete and it tracks invoices, payments, multi-taxes. It is adapted to many countries including Japan and English-speaking countries. This software in available in both languages (English and Japonese). See http://www.tiolive.com

Thomas Groendal  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:01
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 6, 2010

Thanks for the ideas so far!
Does anyone use Yayoi Hanbai for multilingual translation invoicing?
Tom

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Accounting Software

SDL Trados Studio 2014 Starter Edition
Translation software for only €99 per year

The Starter Edition is an affordable but scaled down version of the industry’s leading translation software, SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance. It enables translators to join the largest supply chain at a reduced price.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexbible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: Completely redesigned user interface Live Preview Inline spell checking Inline formatting and more

More info »