Thread poster: Sergio Juárez García
Sergio Juárez García
Sergio Juárez García
Spain
Local time: 04:26
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2004

What fields do you think are the most advisable to specialize in? I have a great level of Japanese, can read and understand it nearly as I read English or Spanish, but as yet I have not specialized in any specific field (except videogames which I have played in Japanese for almost ten years)?
I think economy/business would do for the amount of work it would give me. But are other fields as medicine or legal advisable? What technical fields are most demanded?
On the other hand, I woul
... See more
What fields do you think are the most advisable to specialize in? I have a great level of Japanese, can read and understand it nearly as I read English or Spanish, but as yet I have not specialized in any specific field (except videogames which I have played in Japanese for almost ten years)?
I think economy/business would do for the amount of work it would give me. But are other fields as medicine or legal advisable? What technical fields are most demanded?
On the other hand, I would like to include some sample translations on my web page (to show the quality and characteristics of the results)... Is there any place where one can get free non-copyrighted technical texts in Japanese? I have searched hundreds of webpages and is of no use.
Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Tatiana Nefyodova
Tatiana Nefyodova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:26
English to Russian
+ ...
I'd cover already familiar areas Feb 12, 2005

Why are you looking for the most popular fields?
You are a translator in other pairs and you specialize in some fields. So you must know them pretty well to be able to provide adequate translations. It should have taken a lot of your effort. Then why do you want to re-specialize instead of covering what you already know but in a new pair?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A little more help...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »