Site localization: Creating more opportunities (Forgive me for posting in English)
Thread poster: Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 18:30
SITE STAFF
Dec 11, 2006

Dear ProZians,

With the continued effort to localize the site into various languages, ProZ.com is now looking to create more opportunities for our Japanese community by calling for volunteers to localize the site into Japanese. The effects of having the site localized is not only beneficial for easier site browsing, but also for future job opportunites, business expansion and more efficient ways to connect.

The localization project consists of approximately 27,000 wo
... See more
Dear ProZians,

With the continued effort to localize the site into various languages, ProZ.com is now looking to create more opportunities for our Japanese community by calling for volunteers to localize the site into Japanese. The effects of having the site localized is not only beneficial for easier site browsing, but also for future job opportunites, business expansion and more efficient ways to connect.

The localization project consists of approximately 27,000 words with a release date set for the end of January 2007.

Compensation including special promotion throughout the site and also browniz for translating and checking strings will be issued when the localization project is completed. Preference will be given to members, however, non-members may volunteer as well (note that in order to be a team leader you must be a member of the site).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Patrick Dotterer
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

Yuka Abe
Yuka Abe
United States
Local time: 15:30
English to Japanese
+ ...
Site Localization in Japanese Dec 12, 2006

Excellent idea and interesting project. How can we volunteer?

Yuka

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 18:30
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your interest in the localization project! Dec 12, 2006

Hey Yuka,

Thanks for your interest in the Japanese localization project!

Basically, we need volunteers to translate the main areas of the site into Japanese. Presently, I'm putting a team together in order to have at least 6 volunteers before the project begins. Would you be interested in being involved? Please know there are no time constraints at all.

Regards,
Patrick

Yasu Hosomatsu
Yasu Hosomatsu  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:30
English to Japanese
+ ...
Have you found enough people yet? Dec 29, 2006

For your Proz Japanese localization project (posted back on 11 December), have you assembled necessary staff members yet? If not, and if you are still looking for more people, please let me know. Thank you.

Yasu Hosomatsu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site localization: Creating more opportunities (Forgive me for posting in English)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »