https://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/100807-discrepancy_between_questions_answered_asked_reported_on_kudoz_question_and_user_profile.html

Discrepancy between questions answered/asked reported on kudoz question and user profile
Thread poster: Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:08
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2008

I just clicked for curiosity on the profile of someone who's just asked a Kudoz question and found a huge discrepancy. When passing over the asker's username on the Kudoz question, it says "210 questions (3 open) Answers: 135". But on going to the user profile, it reports "Questions answered 58, Questions asked 100" (I have deliberately changed these numbers by one or two each way to make sure the user is anonymous).

I've also just checked my own profile against the last question I
... See more
I just clicked for curiosity on the profile of someone who's just asked a Kudoz question and found a huge discrepancy. When passing over the asker's username on the Kudoz question, it says "210 questions (3 open) Answers: 135". But on going to the user profile, it reports "Questions answered 58, Questions asked 100" (I have deliberately changed these numbers by one or two each way to make sure the user is anonymous).

I've also just checked my own profile against the last question I asked, and here too there's a discrepancy, although not as large - in my profile, it says I've answered 464 questions, whereas on the last question I asked (in December) it says I've answered 527 (the questions asked figure is the same in both cases).

How do these discrepancies arise? It's clearly not a snapshot of the situation at the time of asking the question, as in the first case the question was asked today and in both cases the numbers reported on the question are actually higher than the numbers reported in the profiles.

I should point out that I'm not actually concerned or annoyed by this (so I have no intention of submitting a support ticket), just curious!

[Edited at 2008-03-28 12:01]
Collapse

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:08
French to English
+ ...
I've noticed this before too... Mar 28, 2008

.. so you're not alone. It's just a bit strange!

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Pro vs Non-Pro? Mar 28, 2008

Could it have something to do with the Pro and Non-Pro questions?

Just a thought. I've checked my own profile and indeed, I find the same kind of discrepancies!

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't think so.... Mar 28, 2008

Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:

But then again, all the questions I've asked have been Pro, and those two numbers were the same.... so maybe that is it? It should be made clear if that's the case though.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Submit support ticket to receive an explanation Mar 28, 2008

Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:
Just a thought. I've checked my own profile and indeed, I find the same kind of discrepancies!

Hi Marie-Hélène,

I tend to agree with Marie-Claude's interpretation. To clarify matters, you could submit a support ticket to staff to get an explanation of this variance.

Steffen

Valery Kaminski
Valery Kaminski  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 04:08
English to Russian
+ ...
Something wrong with figures? Mar 28, 2008

I have this SDL TRADOS 2007 FREELANCE Upgrade offer on the home page:

Regular: €0.00
Special: €0.00
Savings of 0%

Besides, if you have a look at the number of your visitors you will probably see what I see: 20 in the last 30 days, which is definitely wrong.

[Редактировалось 2008-03-28 12:47]

KathyT
KathyT  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 11:08
Japanese to English
Visitors' Tab Mar 28, 2008

Hello Valery,
The visitors' tab was recently down for maintenance and hasn't been the same since. Please see this parallel thread: http://www.proz.com/post/820946
Sorry to hijack the thread, Marie-Hélène.

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:08
French to English
YOU might not be.... Mar 28, 2008

Marie-Hélène Hayles wrote:
I should point out that I'm not actually concerned or annoyed by this

...but I am

I make a point of checking these figures on the question page, and if the Asker is someone who asks a lot and contributes very little, then they get no help from me.

Cecilia Civetta
Cecilia Civetta  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
YES! Mar 28, 2008

Valery Kaminski wrote:

Besides, if you have a look at the number of your visitors you will probably see what I see: 20 in the last 30 days, which is definitely wrong

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discrepancy between questions answered/asked reported on kudoz question and user profile

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »