Mobile menu

Is it true that KudoZ points are set to zero after a certain period of time?
Thread poster: xxxsavaria
Local time: 11:41
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jun 19, 2008

I have read somewhere on this site something like that the KudoZ points are set to zero after a certain period of time has passed.Is that true?And if so,when?At the end of the year?If not,then Iam sorry.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:41
Italian to English
+ ...
Absolutely not true Jun 19, 2008

I've no idea where you heard that, but it's definitely not true. Kudoz points are eternal.

What might change is your ranking based on the number of points you've earned in the last year, but that's all, and even that is only relative to people who've earned exactly the same number of points overall as you for a given language pair and field.

[Edited at 2008-06-19 16:39]

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Dutch to German
+ ...
No way Jun 19, 2008

Well, if so, then you know more than I do. I only just became a KudoZ moderator, but I have never seen an option nor a regulation to set KudoZ points to zero. And I would probably resign if there was.

Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:41
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Urban legend Jun 19, 2008

No, I have 3 years here and I can say that is absolutely false.

xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
You're probably thinking of this: Jun 20, 2008

Maybe you're heard something like this:

"- Time passes (potentially causing your point total over the last three months to drop)."

If you go to the FAQ about Kudoz and look at No. 30, you will read that.

This means that if you look at the leaders in points for the past 3 months, your total may be lower, but that is simply because a different 3-month period is being considered.

If you go to the 12-month or all-time totals, your points will still be there.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it true that KudoZ points are set to zero after a certain period of time?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs