https://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/113066-how_to_set_language_preferences_in_kudoz_questions.html

How to set language preferences in Kudoz questions
Thread poster: Cristina Pereira
Cristina Pereira
Cristina Pereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:14
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 19, 2008

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right topic to post this subject. I've always had my Kudoz languages matching my working languages, but now, for a week or so I see all the language pairs there are and it's no use to click on "your prefs": it keeps showing them all. I haven't changed any setting. I've only been less active in Kudoz more recently. Could this be a reason? Or do I have to change something in my settings page (and what, please...).

Thanks in advance for a
... See more
Hello,

I don't know if this is the right topic to post this subject. I've always had my Kudoz languages matching my working languages, but now, for a week or so I see all the language pairs there are and it's no use to click on "your prefs": it keeps showing them all. I haven't changed any setting. I've only been less active in Kudoz more recently. Could this be a reason? Or do I have to change something in my settings page (and what, please...).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cristina
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:14
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Open the ProZ start page Aug 20, 2008

Scroll down to the KudoZ questions frame and click on ‘Your prefs’ tab (instead of ‘All pairs’) or whatever it is in your language. If the start page does not help, click on ‘See more translation questions’ to go to the KudoZ page and then choose ‘My languages’ in the language selector. Then click on ‘Show questions and save settings’.

[Edited at 2008-08-20 11:58]

Cristina Pereira
Cristina Pereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:14
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, problem solved! Aug 20, 2008

Thank you very much, Esperantisto. I solved the problem before seeing your post, when I tried to look for a term in Kudoz Search. It was set to All languages and then I set it to My languages.

Regards,

Cristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to set language preferences in Kudoz questions

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »