[Edited at 2003-08-22 15:13]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:51
English to German
+ ...
Hermann is on holiday May 28, 2003

AFAIK Hermann Bruns - the developer of KudoZ.net - is on holiday right now, which is why you did not hear from him.

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:51
English to German
Toolbars Jun 9, 2003

Hi René,

sorry for my late answer. I was on vacation for two weeks.

As regards the toolbar problem, you are not the only one experiencing failures of the IE toolbar. I do not know the cause of the problem yet, simply because on my systems I was not able to reproduce any of them.

Anyway, if there are problems with KudoZ.NET in Word or the IE my first suggestion is always to de-activate the toolbar (or to deactivate any other toolbar running).

U
... See more
Hi René,

sorry for my late answer. I was on vacation for two weeks.

As regards the toolbar problem, you are not the only one experiencing failures of the IE toolbar. I do not know the cause of the problem yet, simply because on my systems I was not able to reproduce any of them.

Anyway, if there are problems with KudoZ.NET in Word or the IE my first suggestion is always to de-activate the toolbar (or to deactivate any other toolbar running).

Unfortunately, there seem to be quite a lot toolbars which are programmed in an "unfriendly" way. E. g., one version of the Acrobat toolbar for Word made other Word toolbars and Word itself crash!

Regarding the TRADOS toolbar, I cannot say anything bad about it, for both the KudoZ.NET toolbar and the MetaTexis toolbar run well with the TRADOS toolbar (shortcut conflicts excepted - but this is another matter).

This means, when other toolbars do not run with the TRADOS toolbar, the other toolbars might be the one to be blamed. But: You never know. It's a matter of testing and trial and error.

Best regards
Hermann
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

-

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »