Thread poster: Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:33
English to French
Sep 19, 2008

Dear all,

I have noticed that when an answer is automatically selected by the system, only the chosen answerer gets an e-mail notification. Why ?

As an asker and as an answerer, I would like to know when the questions I asked/answerered are automatically closed.

Stéphanie

savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
:) Sep 19, 2008

That's strange,although I have never encountered with this situation so far in my proz.com career.

Cagdas Karatas
Cagdas Karatas  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:33
English to Turkish
Yes and more Sep 19, 2008

I agree with Stephanie, and want to add something else I wonder about unclosed questions.

Formerly, when a question remained open for a very long time, I didn't use to see what is now provided as a feedback on the question page below respective answers. "The asker rejected this answer" Am I wrong? Could someone clarify this, please?

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Sep 19, 2008

I have just discovered this "asker rejected this answer" feature. Never noticed it before. Why should the asker not close the question and states "no acceptable answer", which is clearer ?

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Bugs and suggestions in a support ticket Sep 19, 2008

Hi Stéphanie,
It might be a good idea to send a support Ticket to ProZ.com staff about these possible bugs and your suggestions. I have always received a reply from staff within some hours.
Regards
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Answers selected automatically

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »