Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:09
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 1, 2008

I was notified of three questions this morning, but on clicking the links, only got "Error: question not found".
Was notified of another one, got there OK, submitted an answer, got two agrees to it & returned to it to express thanks, no problem; then got another agree and got "Error, question not found" on that one. Looked the question up on "My KudoZ" - it wasn't there. Looked it up on "Ask question", pair Russian>English, all subjects: it was there, but my answer was not on it, though
... See more
I was notified of three questions this morning, but on clicking the links, only got "Error: question not found".
Was notified of another one, got there OK, submitted an answer, got two agrees to it & returned to it to express thanks, no problem; then got another agree and got "Error, question not found" on that one. Looked the question up on "My KudoZ" - it wasn't there. Looked it up on "Ask question", pair Russian>English, all subjects: it was there, but my answer was not on it, though three other answers were.
After that I got another agree with another link to the question, which again produced the "Error, not found" message. So it looks as though other people can still see my answer but I can't see it myself.

OK, so submit a support ticket seems the obvious thing to do. I did this when the problem first arose, and got an acknowledgment with a link to the support ticket. I tried to go back to it by this link and got:
Error: Either no link with this ID exists or you are not authorized to see it. So I have now had to submit a new support ticket (not sure if it got there, no email acknowledgment so far) to report that.

Is anyone else experiencing problems like this today?
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:09
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Jack Oct 1, 2008

This is an obvious problem with the site databases - most probably one or more servers are affected; I have already submitted a support request and will notify the staff by skype as soon as somebody will be online (there is no one at the moment).

Natalia

GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
English to French
error message Oct 1, 2008

Same problem here.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:09
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Not a problem now. Oct 1, 2008

I now have access to all the questions which were previously producing error messages, including the one to which I submitted an answer, and also to my first support ticket. The second one was never acknowledged so I don't think it got through.

[Edited at 2008-10-01 11:54]

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Same problem here Oct 1, 2008

One of my question was 'inexistent' all morning, but I can finally see it now. What was funny (or not) was that I was getting notifications of answers to my question while I couldn't even access it myself. Strange...

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 11:09
SITE STAFF
Should be back to normal Oct 1, 2008

Hi all,

I've posted at http://www.proz.com/post/958031#958031 as well. Sorry all for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error messages re KudoZ questions & support ticket

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »