Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

Why is the time a question was posted no longer shown?
Thread poster: Armorel Young

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:55
Member (2004)
German to English
Nov 5, 2008

Have I missed something? Because of pressure of work I have become erratic in looking at Kudoz questions, but when I visit the page today I notice that the "time" column, which used to show the time at which the question was posted, now simply says "today", rather than giving an exact time.

It may be a small point in the grand scheme of things, but I find this irritating. I used to know without really thinking about it when I last looked at the page - at lunchtime, say - so I could quickly see from the "time" column what questions had been posted since then. Now, since all questions say "today", I have to actually remember what the last question was that I looked at in order to see what has been posted since then.

Is there some reason why the information is now less specific?

Direct link Reply with quote

texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:55
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
I see it Nov 5, 2008

Hi Armorel,

maybe is a technical glitch, since I still see it..

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:55
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You´re not alone Nov 5, 2008

Hi Armorel,

I´ve been seing Today instead of the time for a few days now, but cannot remember since when.
Maybe you should send a Support Ticket.

Regards,
Marina

Jared Tabor
Local time: 09:55
SITE STAFF
Times showing properly now Nov 6, 2008

Hello all,

Thanks Armorel for pointing this out. There was a problem with the time listing for KudoZ and jobs, which has now been resolved, and you should be seeing the exact times for the postings for today now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Jared

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:55
Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 6, 2008

Thank you for such swift attention - it's great to have the times back!

Armorel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is the time a question was posted no longer shown?

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums