Thread poster: PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 03:47
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 24, 2003

I'm not recieving kudoz quest. for selected lang. pairs in my kudoz quest. area. After logging in the site and clicking for more ques. I'm not recieving all of the questions. Why is it so? Can anyone suggest or help?
PRAKAASH

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:17
English to German
+ ...
Notifications or displayed questions? Jun 24, 2003

Hi Prakaash,
Don't you get email notifications for KudoZ questions, or can't you see the questions displayed on site?

Ralf

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Edit your e-mail preferences Jun 24, 2003

You can check and edit your e-mail preferences through your profile page. There have been some improvements concerning notification options and it is possible that you need to activate them.

Best regards,

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:17
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
some questions are not visible in question lists Jun 24, 2003

I've noticed that questions asked by non-members are visible only in "Recent kudoZ questions" window.

But when I enter "See more questions" or search through kudoZ lists, non-members' questions are not visible at all.

BTW, it is really inconvenient. These question are not shown even in the new "External (Non-Member)" area in the kudoZ list.

First, after such a question leaves the "Recent kudoZ questions" window, other pros do not see it, and, since non-memb
... See more
I've noticed that questions asked by non-members are visible only in "Recent kudoZ questions" window.

But when I enter "See more questions" or search through kudoZ lists, non-members' questions are not visible at all.

BTW, it is really inconvenient. These question are not shown even in the new "External (Non-Member)" area in the kudoZ list.

First, after such a question leaves the "Recent kudoZ questions" window, other pros do not see it, and, since non-members in most cases do not grade their questions, these kudoZ question are most likely to hang on unclosed forever (due to few peer comments).

Second, it is hard to track your own answers.

[Edited at 2003-06-24 15:26]

[Edited at 2003-06-24 15:28]
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Externals Jun 24, 2003

As the external (non-member) questions are not sorted by language, it's already a problem to find a particular question later on. But as Kirill notes, some questions are simply not there. For instance, I had to search my trash can to find two questions posted tonight (24th) by a non-member in the English-Turkish pair. Could an improvement be considered for this new feature?

And... excuse me, but, *where* exactly is the Recent Questions tab?

PRAKASH SHARMA
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Non-reciept of kudoz Jun 26, 2003

Yeah, you are also right. After shifting over
to my new email id ,I 've stopped recieving my kudoz questions. Also, after clicking on the icon more questions, I don't recieve the questions in the manner I was recieving previously. So, these are the situations, please suggest what to do in this case.
PRAKAASH
Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Prakaash,
Don't you get email notifications for KudoZ questions, or can't you see the questions displayed on site?

Ralf

PRAKASH SHARMA
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
non-reciept of kudoz Jun 26, 2003

Yeah, I\'m not recieving my email notifications after shifting over to my another email id. Also, after clicking at more questions in main page, I don\'t recieve all of my questions. Can anyone suggest why is it happening? Before shifting over, everything was normal.
PRAKAASH
Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Prakaash,
Don\'t you get email notifications for KudoZ questions, or can\'t you see the questions displayed on site?

Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you change the email settings in your profile? Jun 26, 2003

Yeah, I'm not recieving my email notifications after shifting over to my another email id.

Did you change the email address in your profile? Have you double-checked if it's correct?

Best, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-receipt of kudoz questions

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »