Terrible problem with KudoZNet! Need URGENT support
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex
Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:47
English to German
+ ...
Jun 30, 2003

First step:

Everytime I put terms trough KudoZNet I get the information that "the connection has been timed out, please try again".

Second step:

When trying again, I get the message that

"your question has not been accepted because it has already been sent with the same context".

Third:

KudoZNet is showing that all th terms have "neither been searched nor sent through KudoZ".

Fourth:

For all terms that "habe been sent but not have been sent" the "Download latest answers" function does not work, is not even shown as a button.

Any ideas, it#s really urgent.

Thanks in advance

Steffen

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Firewall blocking the connection? Jun 30, 2003

Hi Steffen,

In my case (I got to see a similar message -*connection timed-out.. something*) my Norton Firewall was blocking the communication. I had to create a new rule and allow connection from/to via KudoZ.net.

It's a guess...

Giuliana

Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Check time out setting, please Jun 30, 2003

Hi Steffen,

you might be able to solve the time-out problem very quickly by defining a higher time-out value in the Settings tab.

The default setting is "100". If it is lower, please define a higher value.

Hermann

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:17
English to Tamil
+ ...
I have seen one more problem Jul 1, 2003

Let's say I am translating fro German into English. I search the meaning for one term and I select the servers from which the answer is to be sought. In this context, I usually uncheck machine translations, as they are more an impediment than an aid. Fine. It is impresive to see the connecting bars filling up.
After some time I search for another term that too in the same language pair and direction. The entire rigmarole starts once again. Can't the connections remain till the session is over? Is it necessary to connect to all the servers repeatedly?

Francesco Barbuto  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Just to be sure...set higher values Jul 1, 2003

Hermann Bruns wrote:

Hi Steffen,

you might be able to solve the time-out problem very quickly by defining a higher time-out value in the Settings tab.

The default setting is "100". If it is lower, please define higher value.

Hermann

Just to be sure, I set the time out counter to 900.

Regards,

FFB

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terrible problem with KudoZNet! Need URGENT support

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs