Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >
KudoZ feedback (and bugs) - please post them here!
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 10:18
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
No Hyperlinks When Questions Are Posted in Unicode Aug 5, 2003

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

Recently all the emails I have received as a notification that an answer has been suggested to my question do not have clickable links in the email body.
The link is there, but it's not clickable.
I find this really annoying, because I have to open my browser and then copy and paste the link into the browser.
KudoZ notificatins are ok. It seems to affect only "Answer to your question" and "Answer proposed" emails.
Thanks.

Hi Elvira.

I think the problem is with questions asked in Unicode. This seems to be a new feature that has been introduced to asking KudoZ questions. Now you have the option of using HTML or Unicode. HTML is the default format, but there's a link you can click to ask the question in Unicode. The idea of Unicode seems to be that foreign characters will be correctly displayed on all computers.

I tried asking a question in Unicode once, and when I did, all e-mail notifications associated with that question did not contain any hyperlinks. But when I reverted to the standard method, the hyperlinks returned to the e-mails.

So I believe the problem you're having is associated with questions being asked in Unicode. I guess you can't make hyperlinks with Unicode. It would be good if a way around this could be found though, as like Elvira I find the lack of hyperlinks in some KudoZ e-mails to be a bit of a pain.

Best Regards

ROWAN MORRELL
(WriteWord Translations)

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:18
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Adjusting Confidence Aug 6, 2003

First of all, the new design is wonderful, a lot of new features. Thank you!

Adjusting Confidence level and moving answers according to it seems to be a very good idea, but it seems that right now the most self-confident answerers often go to the top of list.

According to my observations, many very good pros almost never put their confidence to 5, bearing in mind that there is always a chance they may be wrong. In many difficult cases answerers frankly admit they are gi
... See more
First of all, the new design is wonderful, a lot of new features. Thank you!

Adjusting Confidence level and moving answers according to it seems to be a very good idea, but it seems that right now the most self-confident answerers often go to the top of list.

According to my observations, many very good pros almost never put their confidence to 5, bearing in mind that there is always a chance they may be wrong. In many difficult cases answerers frankly admit they are giving some reasonable presumptions or just guesses.

From the other hand, there are self-confident people who are 'always right'. I've already seen many cases when a `5-confidence' silly answer is higher in the list than a good answer with 2 or even 3 agrees.

Also, 1 disagree is `equal' to 1 agree which seems to be not very fair proportion. Maybe 1 disagree should be neutralized by 2 agrees or even more?

In fact, I do like the idea of confidence adjustment according to peer comments, but it seems that right now it's not too sophisticated. I guess there must be some serious penalty to an answerer for putting 5-pts confidence -- and then getting one, two or more disagree.
Collapse

Martinique
Martinique  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:18
English to Russian
+ ...
The counter of open questions doesn't work Aug 8, 2003

At the present time I have three open questions, whereas the counter in the upper left corner shows that I have only one open question. It seems that the counter doesn't work...

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:18
English to German
+ ...
Cannot grade answers in KudoZNET Aug 11, 2003

Hi there,

I have posted several KudoZ questions with the help of KudoZNET. Now I am not able to grade them through KudoZNET. Instead, I have to open the question in my browser and grade it online.

I am operating with Win2k.
As far as I understood the manual, different buttons appear on the detail page, depending on whether you are the asker or have answered a question. As an asker of a question, I would expect the "Grade answer" button to appear on the detail pag
... See more
Hi there,

I have posted several KudoZ questions with the help of KudoZNET. Now I am not able to grade them through KudoZNET. Instead, I have to open the question in my browser and grade it online.

I am operating with Win2k.
As far as I understood the manual, different buttons appear on the detail page, depending on whether you are the asker or have answered a question. As an asker of a question, I would expect the "Grade answer" button to appear on the detail page, which does not happen here. Hence, I am not able to open the separate grading window.

TIA

Sonja
Collapse

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
I can't see a KudoZ question Aug 13, 2003

This has occurred before but I have been hoping it went away. This time when I click on the question http://www.proz.com/kudoz/499914 I get a completely blank page. It looks like not everybody has this problem because at least one person has replied to this particular KudoZ question.

Pamela

Sarah Ponting
Sarah Ponting  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
closing a question without grading Aug 16, 2003

Rowan Morrell wrote:

I'm trying to close the following question:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/467303?kd=h2

in KudoZ Beta without awarding any points. I select "Close w/o Grading", then select my reason ("No acceptable answer") and submit it. When the question shows up again, there is a message about the question having been closed without grading. But the reason is not shown. So it looks like this:

"The asker has closed this question without grading.
Reason:"

When I go to another screen and then return to the question, it reverts to Ungraded status. So the "Close without Grading" feature clearly isn't working properly yet. TIA for looking into it.

Best Regards

ROWAN MORRELL
(WriteWord Translations)

Hi Rowan,

I've just closed a question without grading it as I'd received no answers for it after a month (http://www.proz.com/kudoz/480924?kd=h2). In my case, the question stays closed (but only using the Beta design - it returns to being "ungraded" with the Standard one) and the reason does appear, but I've noticed that in the top left hand corner I'm still shown as having one open question, and if I check on the "My KudoZ" page, it tells me that this is precisely the question that I closed without grading (I also received a reminder to grade this a couple of weeks ago, although there were no answers to choose from!).

I hope it will be possible to get this function working properly soon, as it's a great alternative to leaving a question open when there are no appropriate answers after a reasonable period of time.

Sarah

Sarah Ponting
Sarah Ponting  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
similar problem Aug 16, 2003

Henry wrote:

Chris Hopley wrote:

When I ask a question...
this is the number of questions I have not yet closed: "Open questions: 1".

In my case, I know this to be incorrect...

I think this problem is caused by the fact that I declined all answers on one of my questions...

Thanks, Chris. Questions in which all answers have been declined are not counted.

(See my post above). I didn't decline all answers, as there were none, but I did close the question without grading...

[Edited at 2003-08-16 06:57]

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
can't see KudoZ question Aug 17, 2003

Blank page, again.
http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=502080

Pamela

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ feedback (and bugs) - please post them here!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »