Mobile menu

'Search by name' obscured by open window.
Thread poster: Anne Lee

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:16
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2003

Could you add a 'cancel' button to the Freelancers submenus of the Directory? (Imagine you are looking for a freelancer under the 'Directory' option. You click on 'Freelancers'. Then you realise that you know the person's name, but you are stuck in a menu that you cannot get out of, and the 'search by name' option is obscured by the window you have just opened up. It has happened to me a few times. Or could you add a 'search by name' option under 'Directory, Freelancers' ? Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 08:16
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Anne Jul 26, 2003

I'm not sure I understood your problem, but you can use the "search" box, on the left side of any page, to search by name. It should work for your needs.

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 14:16
German to Romanian
+ ...
It also happens in other windows Jul 26, 2003

The menu on the upper side of the page remains in the background if there are combo boxes on the page you're looking at. I've noticed that several times, just didn't have time to write about it.
It appears that combo boxes remain on the front layer and menu entries remain in the background.

lien
Netherlands
Local time: 14:16
English to French
+ ...
yes Jul 30, 2003

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

It appears that combo boxes remain on the front layer and menu entries remain in the background.

I noticed it too, with the menu on the right side, above. The menu drops are hidden behind the layer of the box.

Lien

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Search by name' obscured by open window.

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs