Mobile menu

Hiding/deleting answers to Kudoz questions
Thread poster: Anne-Marie Grant
Anne-Marie Grant  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:39
French to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2009

I noticed this evening that someone had removed his answer to a question. I have 'hidden' a couple of my answers in the past, but they remained on screen, albeit shaded out.

Is the possibility of removing an unsatisfactory answer a new option on the site, or is one's 'hidden' answer shaded out on one's own screen but removed completely from others'?

TIA for any clarification.

Direct link Reply with quote

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:39
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Other users cannot see your hidden answers Apr 3, 2009

Hi Anne-Marie,

Anne-Marie Grant wrote:
... or is one's 'hidden' answer shaded out on one's own screen but removed completely from others'?

Exactly. You can see your own hidden answers (in gray) but other users cannot. It is not a new option.

Kind regards,
Attila

French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Attila Apr 3, 2009

Many thanks. How lovely to know that others can no longer see the answers I regret posting!!

punam
English to Gujarati
+ ...
hidden answers.... Apr 4, 2009

hi Anne -Marie.
As Attila mentioned the answers are hidden to other user sites but are shaded in answerers' site.
By doing so the other users can not remark on answers for peer agreement.

or i guess it could be shaded to remind the answerer that they need to find a better answer lateron if they want
or for the purpose of keeping record for earning brownies kudoz point where applicable?
or is it to remind them that they have attempted an answer?

I feel as the answerers are given the option of editing the answer they should be allowed to delete the answer completely if they think it is wrong.

[Edited at 2009-04-04 07:06 GMT]

French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Punam Apr 4, 2009

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you.

Enrique Cavalitto
Local time: 07:39
SITE STAFF
Answers can be hidden Apr 5, 2009

punam wrote:

I feel as the answerers are given the option of editing the answer they should be allowed to delete the answer completely if they think it is wrong.

Answerers can't edit their help KudoZ answers (they can provide addicional comments).

Answerers are allowed to hide their answers. The answers remail visible to them and to people with an administrative role (not to other normal site users).

Regards,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hiding/deleting answers to Kudoz questions

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs