Thread poster: Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 13:17
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2003

Is it just me, or are there some weird things going on with this question?

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/500202

One answerer's suggestion and comments are not shown. The winning answer (presumably Sarah's) is not highlighted, nor is it shown at the top. Sarah's name and photo do not appear in the winning answerer section.

This occurs when viewing the question in Beta mode. I must admit, I haven't tried it out in Standard mode yet.

I have not noticed the problem in any other question; just this one. Has anyone else noticed it, or is there simply some glitch with my computer?

Best Regards

ROWAN MORRELL
(WriteWord Translations)

Direct link Reply with quote

Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 19:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
what I see Aug 14, 2003

When I click on the link you provided all I get is a blank page. That occurred to me yesterday with another question and it has happened before. I posted a comment here: http://www.proz.com/topic/12263 So, you're not the only one that is having this kind of problems viewing KudoZ questions.

Pamela

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 01:17
English to Dutch
+ ...
No problems here... Aug 14, 2003

I see what we normally see.
Must be a glitch.

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:17
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
There is a problem! Aug 14, 2003

The question doesn't seem to be graded in none of the systems, but it appears in the glossary.
I can see all the answers.

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:17
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
Same problem from here (3 answers visible,Sarah's to the glossary,no ans.shown as chosen or Kudoz pt Aug 14, 2003

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

The question doesn't seem to be graded in none of the systems, but it appears in the glossary.
I can see all the answers.

Giuli

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:17
SITE FOUNDER
Might be a KudoZ.net bug Aug 14, 2003

I will look into it.

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:17
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
The asker confirms that they chose & graded the question using Kudoz.net Aug 14, 2003

Henry wrote:

I will look into it.

They wonder whether having graded the question before 24 hrs.had elapsed might (or might not) have anything to do with it.

Giuli

PS if it's any help at all in tracking it down, the same "rare glitch" happened to a question I answered in Eng.mono (around 29th July) http://www.proz.com/glossary/488222
(if I remember rightly it was corrected manually)

[Edited at 2003-08-14 17:56]

Sarah Ponting  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
no, it's not just you Aug 16, 2003

Hi Rowan,

It's not just you who witnessed weird things here. I noticed it on Thursday because I got the usual message saying my answer had been chosen and I'd been awarded 4 points, but when I accessed the question, my term appeared as the translation that had been entered in the glossary, but there was no indication of which answer had been chosen, nor of how many points had been awarded.
Moreover, when I checked on my profile page, I saw that the points hadn't (and still haven't) been credited.

I contacted the moderator, who replied that the problem seems to be connected with the KudoZ.net tool through which it was posted.

Fortunately, I haven't come across it anywhere else either.

Best wishes,

Sarah

[Edited at 2004-03-08 17:18]

Sarah Ponting  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
I take that back Mar 8, 2004

I got the usual message saying my answer had been chosen and I'd been awarded 4 points, but when I accessed the question, my term appeared as the translation that had been entered in the glossary, but there was no indication of which answer had been chosen, nor of how many points had been awarded.
Moreover, when I checked on my profile page, I saw that the points hadn't (and still haven't) been credited.

I contacted the moderator, who replied that the problem seems to be connected with the KudoZ.net tool through which it was posted.

Fortunately, I haven't come across it anywhere else either.

I'm afraid I have to take those last words back: it's just happened again!
http://www.proz.com/glossary/656397
Once again it seems as thought the Kudoz.net tool is responsible. I thought this bug had been fixed, but it seems not. Do I need to contact the moderator again, or can someone sort it out for me?

Thanks

Sarah

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:17
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Please, send a Support Request Mar 8, 2004

Hi Sarah

It may have been fixed and be un-fixed again. The best way to have a technical solution is sending a Support Request http://www.proz.com/support?&read_faq=1 with the links to this forum and to the question(s).

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Display Problems with a Question

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs