KudoZ Beta: info for stupids like me
Thread poster: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:18
Italian to German
Oct 7, 2003

…who didn't know anything about it! In fact I couldn't find a thread where it was officially presented (but then on my Mac half of all Forum search results are blackened ); there were two threads praising it in June, as well as Henry's invitation to signal bugs:

http://www.proz.com/topic/12263?start=90

P
... See more
…who didn't know anything about it! In fact I couldn't find a thread where it was officially presented (but then on my Mac half of all Forum search results are blackened ); there were two threads praising it in June, as well as Henry's invitation to signal bugs:

http://www.proz.com/topic/12263?start=90

Probably I thought it was related to KudoZ.Net or to the new design which I cannot use on my Mac because it makes my IE crash.

It's great! Just open any question and click on "Switch to KudoZ Beta version", and:
Time of all agrees etc. is given, and you can edit them!
Answers are no longer sorted by arrival but by confidence & agrees or, if those are equal, by a mysterious criterion (Endre pointed that out in the link above but didn't get a reply),
and the total number of questions and answers ever posted by the asker is shown! (but for members without e-mail this doesn't seem to work, though it's them we're interested in! ).

And when you click on the magnifying glass next to the term in question, it is searched in a dictionary, and then you can click on "ProZ/Eurodic/Google" and others in the top bar - which is one more reason to stop writing "see below" or "sentence please"…

Excellent work!
Martin from cold Northern Italy

[Edited at 2003-10-08 11:33]
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 09:18
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Internet search Oct 7, 2003

Hi Martin

The same thing happened to me with the Internet Search feature. I thought that it was related to KudoZ.Net, that I didn't download, and one day somebody had problems with Internet and said he was missing the Internet Search. I asked what it was about, and since then, I always work with it.
In the upper menu, KudoZ, Internet search.

On the left you can choose a pair if languages, the dictionaries, the search engines, machine translation sites or KudoZ. Th
... See more
Hi Martin

The same thing happened to me with the Internet Search feature. I thought that it was related to KudoZ.Net, that I didn't download, and one day somebody had problems with Internet and said he was missing the Internet Search. I asked what it was about, and since then, I always work with it.
In the upper menu, KudoZ, Internet search.

On the left you can choose a pair if languages, the dictionaries, the search engines, machine translation sites or KudoZ. Then you can save the settings, so they are available for the whole project.

Maybe you already know that, but who knows...there could be somebody else who will discover it now...
Collapse

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
from another twit Oct 7, 2003

Thanks Martin and Claudia for taking the time to point these features out. Although I've been working with the new design, I hadn't even noticed the magnifying glass and the internet search feature. I shall now take time and explore the site properly. I wonder how many others out there "just get on with it" and use the features which are immediately obvious without having an in-depth look at all the other goodies lurking in the background.
Cheers, Jill

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
English to German
Errmm, I must be another one of those thickos ;-) Oct 7, 2003

Martin Schmurr wrote:

And when you click on the magnifying glass next to the term in question, it is searched in a dictionary, and then you can click on "ProZ/Eurodic/Google" and others in the top bar - which is one more reason to stop writing "see below" or "sentence please"…

[Edited at 2003-10-07 11:25]

I've looked and looked and looked some more but I cannot see any magnifying glass anywhere, but I have definitely switched to the new design. Can you please point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
sparkie

[Edited at 2003-10-07 13:47]

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
English to German
Doh! Oct 7, 2003

Just found it!!!!

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Claudia, Oct 7, 2003

"On the left you can choose a pair if languages, the dictionaries, the search engines, machine translation sites or KudoZ. Then you can save the settings..."

This works for Platinums only, but all the other features are free!

[Edited at 2003-10-07 16:11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ Beta: info for stupids like me

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »