Thread poster: BernieM
BernieM
BernieM
Canada
Local time: 09:52
French to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2002

After submitting an answer to a kudoz queston earlier today, I then noticed a \'hide\' option in the bottom right hand corner of my answer box. Curious as to what this option does, I clicked on it and a message then appeared telling me that my answer was now hidden from other viewers. This raises a few questions:

1. What was the intended purpose of this feature?

2. Is there any way to then \'unhide\' the answer if required?

3. Am I c
... See more
After submitting an answer to a kudoz queston earlier today, I then noticed a \'hide\' option in the bottom right hand corner of my answer box. Curious as to what this option does, I clicked on it and a message then appeared telling me that my answer was now hidden from other viewers. This raises a few questions:

1. What was the intended purpose of this feature?

2. Is there any way to then \'unhide\' the answer if required?

3. Am I correct in assuming that one can only \'hide\' one\'s own answers?

Collapse

Danielman (X)
Danielman (X)
Local time: 17:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
because everybody makes mistakes Jan 8, 2003

You might post a comment and then realize itis wrong, so you canhide it from others. Of course you can not hide other posts, only those made by you. ANd yes, you can unhide themif needed.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 12:52
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I like this option Jan 8, 2003

even if I don\'t use it too much.

It happens that several persons answer at one time, the same answer. I find it fair play to hide my answer if it was the second or third one.

I use it when my answer is less complete than someone else\'s, even if mine is first, in order not to embarrass the asker when choosing the best answer.

And of course, I hide my answer if I notice I\'m wrong.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why hide KudoZ answers?????

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »