Mobile menu

How to receive KudoZ notifications of other language pairs than your working languages?
Thread poster: Melina Kajander
Melina Kajander
English to Finnish
Oct 22, 2003

I wonder if any of you could help me with the above... (Just in case the title gets unduly shortened, my query is how to receive KudoZ notifications of other language pairs than your working languages.)

The Profile section of 'Email Preferences - KudoZ Notifications' does not seem to give this option, only my working languages are already 'set up' there, and no option to add additional language pairs. Or is it hidden somewhere..?

The thing is I know many languages other than my working ones, and might occasionally be able to help someone with them too - and in any case, it would be interesting to see how some translation problems are solved in these languages, too!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:01
English to German
+ ...
Add languages in My ProZ.com Oct 22, 2003

Hi Heli,
You can add more languages if you go to My ProZ.com - My Settings - Language Pairs. Note that you don't have to show all of them in your profile.

HTH - Ralf

Melina Kajander
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Ralf! Oct 22, 2003

I didn't know it was possible to enter other language pairs and NOT have them shown in your profile as working languages!

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Still a pretty new function Oct 22, 2003

Must have been added recently... which is why I would suggest to try it out for a couple of language pairs to start with.

Cheers, Ralf

J. Leo
Dutch to English
+ ...
I found this thread by chance Oct 22, 2003

and have been brushing up on my Spanish all afternoon. Thanks.

PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:31
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Thank you very much for the important info! Oct 23, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Heli,
You can add more languages if you go to My ProZ.com - My Settings - Language Pairs. Note that you don't have to show all of them in your profile.

HTH - Ralf

Thanks Mr. Ralf! I've added few more indian languages in my profile today.
HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL OF THE PROZ MEMBERS!
PRAKAASH

[Edited at 2003-10-24 13:06]

PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:31
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Removing languages from profile as working one but be able to answer kudoz questions. Oct 26, 2003

PRAKAASH wrote:

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Heli,
You can add more languages if you go to My ProZ.com - My Settings - Language Pairs. Note that you don\'t have to show all of them in your profile.

HTH - Ralf

Thanks Mr. Ralf! I\'ve added few more indian languages in my profile today.
HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL OF THE PROZ MEMBERS!
PRAKAASH

[Edited at 2003-10-24 13:06]

Err..... Mr. Ralf!
The languages, of which I wanted to answer the kudoz questions are added in my profile as working languages as well. How \'d I remove it from working languages and still may answer the questions?
PRAKAASH

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Answering KudoZ vs. working profiles Oct 26, 2003

PRAKAASH wrote:
Err..... Mr. Ralf!
The languages, of which I wanted to answer the kudoz questions are added in my profile as working languages as well. How 'd I remove it from working languages and still may answer the questions?
PRAKAASH

First of all, note that answering KudoZ questions does not require that you have the pair as "working" in your profile (although I would strongly suggest limiting active KudoZ participation to your working pairs).

In your profile (My ProZ.com - My Settings - Language Pairs), you have a list of Language Pairs Currently Registered. This list contains a column titled Show in profile, with a link that allows you to toggle between "Yes" and "No".

HTH - best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to receive KudoZ notifications of other language pairs than your working languages?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs