Mobile menu

Question posted on Proz - should it not be removed?
Thread poster: xxxCMJ_Trans
xxxCMJ_Trans
Local time: 02:31
French to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2003

Someone seems to have posted a question from English into practically every other language you can think of concerning 'NipCha'. It is not a real question. Someone's research, it would seem. Shouldn't that someone be pointed in the right direction?
Thanks
Chris

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia da Matta  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:31
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It should be removed Nov 25, 2003

It should be removed from all languages. The agency is trying to get this name evaluation done without paying for the job. I removed the posting from the English to Portuguese KudoZ forum.

Claudia da Matta  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:31
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It should be removed Nov 25, 2003

They mentioned in some of the postings they can't pay for this job. Why not? I don't accept this excuse.

[Edited at 2003-11-25 22:23]

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
A ProzBono Section? Nov 25, 2003

Claudia da Matta wrote:

The agency is trying to get this name evaluation done without paying for it. It should be removed from all languages and posted as a job.

All these agencies trying to get jobs for free should perhaps belong to a separate section -- along with those offering 0.0001 a word.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:31
English to Italian
the poster is aware... Nov 26, 2003

and apologized. I suggested he'd use the job section, specifying they couldn't pay for it. Maybe it was a genuine mistake, but it's difficult to know in these circumstances.
BTW... I got the four points for my answer!

Giovanni

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question posted on Proz - should it not be removed?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs