Who changed my name?
Thread poster: Pamela Peralta

Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 03:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 15, 2003

I just realized that my name has been changed. I show as Lucia Peralta. I used to show as L. Pamela Peralta, the reason of the L. being that my first name is Lucia, but I don't like it. Everybody calls me Pamela, I always sign as Pamela, so I’m a Pamela
I thought of changing it to Pamela Peralta, and forget about the first name, but by then my identity had already been verified, and according to the note in the personal date page "Nota: Su identidad ha sido previamente verificada. Si cambia cualquiera de la información marcada en negrita, su verificación ya no será válida. Sólo puede cambiar los campos que no están en negrita. Si necesita cambiar la información que está en negrita, necesita volver a enviar la solicitud para verificación, que no podrá realizarse dentro de los 6 meses de su última verificación. Las verificaciones “en persona” se podrán realizar en cualquier evento ProZ.com donde verificación esté anunciado." I cannot change my name without losing my verified status.
So, I just want to know two things, who changed my name? and can it be changed to Pamela Peralta without my losing my verified identity status, and my power of verify identities?

Pamela

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:56
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
You were verified by Andrea Bullrich Dec 15, 2003

You can therefore change your name and notify her in order to keep your verified ID status.

Don't ask me how names are changed, however. This is the first time I've heard of someone's name changing without the person's doing anything...

[Edited at 2003-12-15 23:51]

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:56
SITE FOUNDER
Does someone have access to your computer? Dec 16, 2003

Staff does not change names or other personal info. Does someone have access to your computer or login? Obvously it would have to be someone who knows your name...

Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Dec 16, 2003

Henry wrote:
Staff does not change names or other personal info. Does someone have access to your computer or login? Obvously it would have to be someone who knows your name...

Nobody has access to my computer or login...nobody. This is giving me a headache. I know I didn't do it. I would remember changing it. Anyway, according to the note I wrote before, I would have lost my verified identity.
I really would remember changing it

Pamela

Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now Dec 16, 2003

As you can see I changed to Pamela Peralta, and I don't have a verified identity anymore. Why didn't that happen when, somehow, I passed from L. Pamela Peralta to Lucia Peralta? I don't know.

Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:56
English to Spanish
I've vidded you again now Dec 16, 2003

Done...
Andrea

Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 16, 2003

Andrea Bullrich wrote:
Done...
Andrea

Thank you Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who changed my name?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs