Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Staff: KudoZ histories now available in profiles
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 10:32
SITE FOUNDER
Jan 16, 2004

A KudoZ tab has been added to profile pages. This tab allows one to access one's own (or others') KudoZ histories, including questions asked and questions answered.

Feedback on this new function would be welcome.

Mirella Soffio
Mirella Soffio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:32
English to Italian
+ ...
Cool! Jan 16, 2004

Hi Henry

works fine, here. Just a couple of questions: what does "bso" stand for?
What purposes do you think this new function could serve? And will it be accessible to potential clients or just to ProZians?

Thanks

Mirella

Henry wrote:

A KudoZ tab has been added to profile pages. This tab allows one to access one's own (or others') KudoZ histories, including questions asked and questions answered.

Feedback on this new function would be welcome.

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:02
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Fantastic Henry Jan 16, 2004

Congratulations.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Replacing MyKudoz? Jan 16, 2004

Hello Henry,

is this listing going to replace MyKudoz in the KudoZ menu completely?

Sonja

Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
Great Jan 16, 2004

Great, Henry. This looks great.
Roomy

TonyTK
TonyTK
German to English
+ ...
Just a thought ... Jan 16, 2004

It's certainly a lot more convenient.

While we're on the subject, my pet peeve about the KudoZ bios is that it appears you can edit them to make yourself look better.

All you need to do is hide any brainless answers you might have posted in the past and they disappear from your history. IOW I could edit my past answers and leave just the good ones in (for the sake of argument, that is. I mean, hey - they're all brilliant). I just tried it out on my profile and it seems
... See more
It's certainly a lot more convenient.

While we're on the subject, my pet peeve about the KudoZ bios is that it appears you can edit them to make yourself look better.

All you need to do is hide any brainless answers you might have posted in the past and they disappear from your history. IOW I could edit my past answers and leave just the good ones in (for the sake of argument, that is. I mean, hey - they're all brilliant). I just tried it out on my profile and it seems to work.

I suppose what goes around comes around, but it would probably be better for all of us if this was no longer possible.

Surely the best thing would be to stop people hiding their answers at all - or to stop any answer being hidden once a peer comment has been posted (particularly as a poor answer is often turned into a good one by the comments posted by peers). How can we claim to be professionals if we're ashamed of our own "expertise"?

Let's have it warts and all. Put up or shut up. I never promised you a rose garden. Wherever I lay my hat that's my home. You can't hide those lying eyes. Here comes the night. The times they are a-changing. It might as well rain until September. It's my party and I'll cry if I want to etc.
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:32
Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Henry Jan 16, 2004

It's so much easier now to search for our own kudoz.

what does "bso" stand for?

Hello Mirella, you can check for the definition of BSO on the FAQ:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=faq#bso_what

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great Jan 16, 2004

What a relief, I thought I wasn't going to be able to see My KudoZ list anymore, there were some questions I hadn't entered in the glossary. Oh, nice colors too

Pamela

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italian to German
to Tony: yes, Jan 16, 2004

hiding one's KudoZ answers should be forbidden, but only for questions that have been closed. I have played "The Hider" several times, be it because I didn't read the context carefully enough or for gallantry against other answerers...

TonyTK
TonyTK
German to English
+ ...
Martin, what you suggest ... Jan 16, 2004

>> hiding one's KudoZ answers should be forbidden, but only for questions that have been closed.

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Excellent feature! Jan 16, 2004

This is really an excellent feature.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Encouraging assignment of BSO categories (specific subject areas) Jan 16, 2004

Caliaa wrote:
what does "bso" stand for?

Hello Mirella, you can check for the definition of BSO on the FAQ:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=faq#bso_what

Right. People should feel free to retroactively assign the more detailed BSO categories to KudoZ questions, as this will allow us to release detailed glossaries in the KudoZ Open Glossary area. For our part, we are going to address the long-standing complaint that our BSO categories are not comprehensive enough by introducing more fields.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Put your best foot forward Jan 16, 2004

TonyTK wrote:
... my pet peeve about the KudoZ bios is that it appears you can edit them to make yourself look better.

All you need to do is hide any brainless answers you might have posted in the past and they disappear from your history.

Let's have it warts and all...

The flip side: think of it not as "hiding", but as removing incorrect answers. (All's well that ends well, don't air dirty laundry...)

Paul Roige (X)
Paul Roige (X)
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ghosts out of the closet Jan 16, 2004

TonyTK wrote:
All you need to do is hide any brainless answers you might have posted in the past and they disappear from your history. IOW I could edit my past answers and leave just the good ones in (for the sake of argument, that is. I mean, hey - they're all brilliant). I just tried it out on my profile and it seems to work.
Surely the best thing would be to stop people hiding their answers at all - or to stop any answer being hidden once a peer comment has been posted (particularly as a poor answer is often turned into a good one by the comments posted by peers). How can we claim to be professionals if we're ashamed of our own "expertise"?
Let's have it warts and all. Put up or shut up.

Me puts up, warts and all. Why hide anything? Chance to show we are humans and learn from our own errors. "Professionally built" bridges fall too, so do NASA rockets. Painful, but nice humble pie for the Ego to keep us on our toes.
Besides, who'd bother checking all your Rs & As anyway?
P

Ps: rats!, forgot the important thing: thanks Henry, great feature... again.

[Edited at 2004-01-16 22:02]

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
putting terms in glossaries Jan 16, 2004

I have looked at this new feature, which give the opportunity to edit a question. But I saw that some of the terms have not made it to the glossaries.

How do I do that ?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Staff: KudoZ histories now available in profiles

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »