Thread poster: Jack Doughty

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:50
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Feb 4, 2004

I notice that URLs included in answers and notes added to answers are now "clickable". I welcome this, but surely this makes the two "Web Reference" boxes on the answer page redundant? Is it intended to eliminate them?

[Edited at 2004-02-04 11:55]

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:50
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hi Jack Feb 4, 2004

This usually happens when Google entries are pasted by way of example, but I wouldn't do away with the reference boxes altogether -- that's where I paste glossary links regarding the term itself.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:50
Reference URLs are more concrete Feb 4, 2004

Thanks for your observation, Jack, there will surely be this confusion.

As you will find browsing through questions, though, identifying URLs in raw text is not an exact science. (Which is why tags were invented!) The reference boxes are useful because what is inside is supposed to be complete URLs, and that is all. Having them will allow us to do things like make databases of references, with some assurety that we have whole URLs.

I will keep your suggestion in mind. Lets see how usage goes for now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URLs in KudoZ answers are now active links

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs