What does 'cat' stand for in the KudoZ history page (in profiles)
Thread poster: Lars Helbig
Lars Helbig
Lars Helbig
Germany
Local time: 06:11
English to German
+ ...
Feb 10, 2004

This may be something incredible obvious and I am likely going to be embrassed for asking, but what does 'cat' stand for on the page in the profile, that lists all the answers you have given?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:11
SITE FOUNDER
Sorry - not clear at all. It is 'Category' Feb 10, 2004

I apologize, that is not clear at all. "cat" is marked 'ok' if a detailed category has been assigned to a question.

Before a few weeks ago, we had a different detailed field list and it was of little use. The new one is being used more and we are trying to encourage that. This is a way to do that.

Thanks for asking - I will make the clarification.

Lars Helbig
Lars Helbig
Germany
Local time: 06:11
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Suggestion Feb 11, 2004

I was wondering, if it might be something related to category, but couldn't figure out what 'no' and 'ok' could mean in that context.

Wouldn't it be a bit more usefull though, to actually display the category in question?
I guess, this is a question of space mostly.

A suggestion(I have no idea, how much work this would be, or if it would even be possible.):

The broad field desription are few and simple enough and could pehaps be represented with a thr
... See more
I was wondering, if it might be something related to category, but couldn't figure out what 'no' and 'ok' could mean in that context.

Wouldn't it be a bit more usefull though, to actually display the category in question?
I guess, this is a question of space mostly.

A suggestion(I have no idea, how much work this would be, or if it would even be possible.):

The broad field desription are few and simple enough and could pehaps be represented with a three or four letter abreviation: Sci, Med, A/L, L/P... Not to hard to memorize and they don't take up more much more space then an 'ok' or 'no'. They could then be color-coded red and blue to show if an additional specific field was given. You could then, if you wanted to go really overboard, put the specific category in the =title attribute, so it would displayed as a tooltip.

Just a thought.
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:11
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks for the ideas! Feb 11, 2004

Good ideas. I'll experiment.

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does 'cat' stand for in the KudoZ history page (in profiles)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »