Thread poster: Deependra Pandey

Deependra Pandey  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 06:57
English to Hindi
+ ...
Feb 18, 2004

Hello

My language pair is English Hindi. Earlier I was able enough to answer questions as well in peering. But now I am not able to answer any question while can do peering. Cant' say why happening so.

I even not getting "post an answer" line. Is there somebody to help me out.

Regards
Deependra

Direct link Reply with quote

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Local time: 03:27
Catalan to English
+ ...
Hi, Deependra Feb 18, 2004

I suggest you post this also in one of the following forums:

ProZ.com Tech Support

ProZ.com Bugs

Though I'm not sure exactly which.

Regards,
Andy

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No need to cross-post... Feb 18, 2004

...particularly not in several forums.

Please submit a Support Request, quoting the URL of one or two questions where this has happened to you. Also indicate your operating system and the browser you use.

Best regards, Ralf

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Thanks, Ralf Feb 18, 2004

Yes, I probably got it wrong.....

"No need to cross-post... 9:41pm

...particularly not in several forums"

Yes, but, as s/he's been waiting 10 hours for a reply.....................!!

Just trying to help, OK?

Saludos,
Andy

Germany
English to German
+ ...
I know Feb 18, 2004

Hi Andy,
Just trying to help, OK?

Sure. Thing is, parallel postings in a series of forums usually don't yield better results - sometimes the contrary.

I'm afraid it'll be impossible to even analyse the problem without looking at specific settings. Let's see tomorrow...

Cheers, Ralf

India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version & OS Feb 19, 2004

Hi Ralf

Thanks for reply. This is happening to me at Windows 98 and IE version is 6.0.2600.0000 and where the Cipher Strength is 128 Bit.

Regards
Deependra

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...particularly not in several forums.

Please submit a Support Request, quoting the URL of one or two questions where this has happened to you. Also indicate your operating system and the browser you use.

Best regards, Ralf

India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for Reply Feb 19, 2004

Hi Andy

As per suggested by you, I have posted in Proz.com Tech Support.

Just try to chek it out there and let me feel obliged by all of your advices. I am just zapped why this is happening. I think there is some prob either with OS or with IE version as I am not getting the same prob in any cyber cafe.

Regards
Deependra

andycw wrote:

I suggest you post this also in one of the following forums:

ProZ.com Tech Support

ProZ.com Bugs

Though I'm not sure exactly which.

Regards,
Andy

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Support Request Feb 19, 2004

Hi again,
Did you submit a Support Request (I included a direct link in my earlier posting)? ProZ.com staff should be able to identify the problem, but only if you contact them, quoting the URLs of a few questions where this has happened to you.

Best, Ralf

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 21:27
SITE FOUNDER
Please look closely once more - I see the link Feb 19, 2004

I have logged in as you, Deependra, and I see the link. Is it possible you just overlooked it? It is not as prominent as it probably should be...

One thought: you won't get the link on your own questions. And if the question is closed, you can still add a comment, but the text will be different.

India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did the same Feb 20, 2004

Hi Ralph

Thanks again. I submitted a request yesterday also and even today too. Today Support Ticket number is 12379. They might have been looking at at.

But my prob is still there. I am using Windows 98 and IE version is 6.0.2600.0000 and where the cipher strength is 128 bit.

let me have your opinion.

Regards
Deependra

India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not getting Feb 20, 2004

Hi Henry

I did not overlooked it. I again say am well able to get the questions / see the questions / also quite able to see the answers posted by others. But not able to get the link "Post an answer" That link is not there.

One more things, this is happening to me only on one specific computer (in office) not on others that I use on my home or in some cyber cafe, while the OS is same.

Please, let me cheers

Deependra

Henry wrote:

I have logged in as you, Deependra, and I see the link. Is it possible you just overlooked it? It is not as prominent as it probably should be...

One thought: you won't get the link on your own questions. And if the question is closed, you can still add a comment, but the text will be different.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
"They" looked at it... Feb 20, 2004

Hi again,
Thanks again. I submitted a request yesterday also and even today too. Today Support Ticket number is 12379. They might have been looking at at.

ProZ.com has looked at it - have a look at what it says underneath Henry's profile picture... :wink:

Best regards, Ralf

India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Please provide me a personal Email ID Feb 20, 2004

Hi Ralph

If possible please provide me a pesonal Email ID of yourself. I will let you have the actual picture of the matter. I will send you a Word file containing the Print Screen of the actual prob where you would be able to see yourself about the non availability of the discussed link.

Please Provide me link on:

Regards
Deependra

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,

ProZ.com has looked at it - have a look at what it says underneath Henry's profile picture... :wink:

Best regards, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-04-09 07:59]

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not in the forum... Feb 20, 2004

...that's too easy for spammers to pick up on. In fact, I recommend that you edit your post and take out your address.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to see link for answering KudoZ questions

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs