Question yet ungraded made in September 2003
Thread poster: Ana Juliá

Ana Juliá
Spain
Local time: 06:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 20, 2004

I was looking at the questions I have answered and I noticed that there is a question which was made on September 19 2003 and is still open. The asker has ¡58! open questions (according to the information about the asker at the top of the page).

How can this be possible?
May the cause be that the answerers have received no peer comments, and so the points can't be awarded automatically?

Link: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/525511

Direct link Reply with quote

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
There are quite a lot of questions like that on the site Feb 20, 2004

Ana Juliá wrote:
May the cause be that the answerers have received no peer comments, and so the points can't be awarded automatically?

Yes, that is the cause, it cannot be graded automatically if there are not at least two peer agrees.

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:13
English to Tamil
+ ...
Is there not some talk of blocking such askers? Feb 20, 2004

I think it is mentioned in the FAQ. If an asker persists in keeping his/her questions open inspite of reminders, he/she may be blocked. And I feel that 158 open questions is a little bit too much. This is one case, where such askers have to be exposed. Atleast the url of the question in question (pun intended) may be given.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
58 questions Feb 20, 2004

And yes, he has been blocked, since he refuses to receive mail.

Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:43
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
Can't be bothered to grade them Feb 20, 2004

Ana Juliá wrote:

The asker has 58 open questions (according to the information about the asker at the top of the page).

How can this be possible?

If you look at the questions this person has asked which have been graded, I think you'll find that it's the robot that's done the vast majority of the grading. I no longer answer this person's questions. If he can't be bothered, then neither can I.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question yet ungraded made in September 2003

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums