New categories available in KudoZ notification preferences
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 07:19
SITE STAFF
Feb 28, 2004

It is now possible to filter your KudoZ email notifications based on the new category structure we've been rolling out. As a result, the KudoZ email preferences page has a new layout and a few new options. Take a look here:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=ef&show_mode=kudoz

As always, your comments are welcome.

Regards,

Jason

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Wow, Jason, Feb 28, 2004

It's impressive!

Two comments:
About the "Alert when closed" option, first. I wouldn't use it systematically for all the questions, but I would for particular questions, so I'd prefer this option in each question page. But before I saw this option in this new page I had never dreamt of it, so I can live without it too. I just wonder if many people would use it. As a KudoZ moderator I'd use it systematically just for the pair that I moderate.

The second comment is
... See more
It's impressive!

Two comments:
About the "Alert when closed" option, first. I wouldn't use it systematically for all the questions, but I would for particular questions, so I'd prefer this option in each question page. But before I saw this option in this new page I had never dreamt of it, so I can live without it too. I just wonder if many people would use it. As a KudoZ moderator I'd use it systematically just for the pair that I moderate.

The second comment is about switching off all the notifications just with one button. I'd like to have the possibility of saving all the options and of having one button that does that when we leave for some days for instance, do you understand what I mean? To make it easier, just one move when coming back. I hope it's clear

[Edited at 2004-02-28 01:24]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:19
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
That's right Feb 28, 2004

One 'out of office' button that switches off all mail from proz.com and leaves the settings. Because on holliday I want only client's mail to hit my mailbox, and I answer them by mobile phone via wap-phone. Every single useless message has to be removed step by step.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:19
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Caudia's suggestion is a good one Feb 28, 2004

I'm leaving on holiday today & won't return till 9th March. I'll have a lot of deleting to do when I get back, but if this idea is adopted it will be much easier the next time.

Gilda Manara
Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:19
German to Italian
+ ...
I join the choir Feb 28, 2004

very well done, Jason! and, yes, please look whether it is possible to add the "magic" button...

Gilda

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Tracking question closing available to platinum members Feb 28, 2004

Claudia Iglesias wrote:
About the "Alert when closed" option, first. I wouldn't use it systematically for all the questions, but I would for particular questions, so I'd prefer this option in each question page.

Claudia,

This feature is already available to platinum members. Just click the "Track" button under the question about whose closing you wish to be alerted.

Regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
One click unsubscribing is available Feb 28, 2004

To unsubscribe from all email notifications, visit this page:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=unsubscribe

Select the second option: "Stop all email notifications to your address".

At this time there is no one-click way to restore all of your email notifications. I'll add that to my TODO list.

Regards,

Jason

Thierry Lafaye (X)
Thierry Lafaye (X)
English to French
+ ...
Cool! Feb 28, 2004

Yeah that's definitely something that helps learn a bit more about my own specialities and of course the ones that I don't have experience on but I have an interest.

As per the "out of office", I think that's quite an important feature to have too indeed.

Thanks to all and have a good week-end

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Thanks, Jason, Feb 28, 2004

It is really so helpful!

Magda

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
How does it work, Jason? Feb 28, 2004

Jason Grimes wrote:
Tracking question closing available to platinum members

I've noticed that "Track" button and I selected it once or twice, but I didn't notice anything. Are we suppose to receive an e-mail when the question is closed?

Thanks for listening and for your great work.

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Excellent! Feb 29, 2004

Thanks Jason and previous suggesters!

This is the groundwork for intelligent handling of Kudo questions!

Mats

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:19
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Suspend/reactivate the email notifications Feb 29, 2004

Jason Grimes wrote:

To unsubscribe from all email notifications, visit this page:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=unsubscribe

Select the second option: "Stop all email notifications to your address".

At this time there is no one-click way to restore all of your email notifications. I'll add that to my TODO list.

Hi Jason,

thank you for having entirely redesigned the jobs and kudoz email notification pages. They are much better than before, much more specific and their layout is improved a lot.

About the option for "unsubscribing" I have tried it and I've realized that all settings have been cleared (I had to set everything again).

I was thinking of this option as an extra checkbox, to tick or untick, that would SUPERSEED any setting and NOT SEND emails (if selected), but leaving all previous options in place.

Any time we leave for an extended period, an holiday or else, the members could "supend" the flow of emails, and resume them at their return, without setting them all again...

I'm not sure if you are thinking along the same lines, so I'm describing how it could be made according to my own interpretation, which may be exactly what you had already in mind, but no time to implement yet.

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2004-02-29 10:15]

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:19
English to German
+ ...
Suspend/reactivate the email notifications for powwows May 25, 2004

Several members expressed their desire to suspend email notifications for powwows ( ) like it is possible for other forums, particularly because powwow postings tend to go off topic 8)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New categories available in KudoZ notification preferences

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »