https://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/19999-a_few_observations_on_the_new_design.html

A few observations on the new design
Thread poster: David Russi
David Russi
David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 2, 2004

I'm still not entirely comfortable with the new page design, though with time I am sure I will get used to it. There are, however, several details that make the page awkward for me.

1. The column with the language pair/field combination is too narrow, and often contains too much information in too small a font, I think it should be made a bit wider.

2. The options take up too much vertical space at the top of the page, maybe the layout could be redesigned so they are sp
... See more
I'm still not entirely comfortable with the new page design, though with time I am sure I will get used to it. There are, however, several details that make the page awkward for me.

1. The column with the language pair/field combination is too narrow, and often contains too much information in too small a font, I think it should be made a bit wider.

2. The options take up too much vertical space at the top of the page, maybe the layout could be redesigned so they are spread out horizontally.

3. As has already been pointed out, the All Fields option is not working correctly, when refreshing or going to another page and back, the option resets to My Kudoz Fields.

Thanks for working so hard to make us all happy...
Collapse

lien
lien
Netherlands
Local time: 11:53
English to French
+ ...
Agree Apr 2, 2004

David Russi wrote:

2. The options take up too much vertical space at the top of the page, maybe the layout could be redesigned so they are spread out horizontally.

3. As has already been pointed out, the All Fields option is not working correctly, when refreshing or going to another page and back, the option resets to My Kudoz Fields.

I see on the other forum many people have this problem with the "All fields", including me.

It comes down that I can only view the first page with All fields, thus missing many older questions which do not fit on this page.

I wonder why Henry did not answer yet about this problem.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:53
SITE FOUNDER
Still looking Apr 2, 2004

lien wrote:
David wrote:
...the All Fields option is not working correctly, when refreshing or going to another page and back, the option resets to My Kudoz Fields.

...I wonder why Henry did not answer yet about this problem.

I have not yet been able to duplicate the problem. It works for me right now.

I'll keep debugging.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A few observations on the new design

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »