https://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/20215-how_do_i_close_a_question_when_i_have_declined_all_answers.html

How do I close a question when I have declined all answers?
Thread poster: Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:02
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Apr 9, 2004

I thought the way to close a question was to decline all the answers given, which would close it. However, I did this for KudoZ 679703 and still got a reminder that I had not closed it. I have just revisited the question and it is still not closed. What am I supposed to do? Squash it?

[Edited at 2004-04-09 16:35]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:02
SITE FOUNDER
If all answers are declined... Apr 9, 2004

... you should not get a reminder. Is it possible one more answer was added, which you have not yet declined?

Are you using the "standard" rather than the "old" KudoZ design? The new one will show clearly which have been declined.

By the way, the question ID you give does not seem to be correct.

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Answering your questions. Apr 9, 2004

I am using standard KudoZ, not the old design.

The full URL for the question is:
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/679703?keyword=carpet

All the answers have been declined.

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:02
Member (2003)
German to French
Close w/o grading Apr 9, 2004

Hello Jack,

You should be able to close the question without grading. Click on Grade/Decline, and then you should see another white button on the right, showing "Close without grading". Unless this button becomes invisible when you have declined all answers...

HTH,
Sylvain

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks, Sylvain Apr 9, 2004

I finally found a screen with the option "Close without grading" and clicked it. However, I have just been back to the KudoZ questions page and looked it up there. It is still not marked as graded. Does it take a little time?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I close a question when I have declined all answers?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »