Site designers: make long URLs wrap in KudoZ pages
Thread poster: Valters Feists

Valters Feists  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:50
Member (2005)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Apr 13, 2004

I posted a 'medical' question, and included several URLs of my preliminary research on the term/phrase in question -- so that the answerers would not have to start all from scratch.

Unfortunately, the ProZ site engine happens to format the page in such a way that long URLs stretch the page horizontally -- the only cumbersome way to read such pages is by using the browser's horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the window. At this, some site users become quite frustrated (while my intention was to help everyone by posting glossary links already found -- not just plain "Google hits").

Some URLs are just long, and I don't think that including URLs should be banned just because they are long. They might be useful and ergonomic, e.g., because they point to a very specific page of an online glossary.

Would the ProZ site designers be able to adjust the system so that long URLs wrap, thus making the usage of KudoZ more comfortable?

Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2004-04-13 10:16]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site designers: make long URLs wrap in KudoZ pages

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs