Mobile menu

Korean English translation KudoZ questions
Thread poster: nuk12
nuk12
Korean to English
Jun 15, 2004

Why are all the kudoZ questions for the Korean-English pair actually Japanese? The Hanja are subtlely different to the Kanji, and are rarely used for anything other than technical footnotes. Is it just my Japanese browser? I speak Japanese as well, but I would like to know which language I am replying to before rushing in with an answer.

Direct link Reply with quote

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:38
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
Does selecting a different encoding help? (apologies if it doesn't) Jun 16, 2004

(Apologies if you have already tried these things...)
Does it help (clarify any ambiguity) to select 'Korean' encoding when viewing question pages in a browser (as opposed to 'Japanese' or one of the Chinese encodings)? (For browsers that have Korean language support installed/available.)
Or is the problem deeper than that?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Korean English translation KudoZ questions

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs