Mobile menu

Rating more than one answer - possible? (Staff: 'no')
Thread poster: PRAKAASH

PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:48
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 24, 2004

It happens that sometimes, we feel that some kudoz points must be awarded to another of an answerer or so. Say, you have awarded 4/3 to the correct answer, which is containing all kinds of references etc.
Still you may sometimes feel that another of an answerer does have some uniqueness in his/her answer and you feel a single or two points to be given to that answerer as well.
Is this option available in proz? If yes, then please tell me how to use it. If no, then I feel it 'll be good to add such facility in kudoz area.
Freelancee Translator of the languages English, Hindi, Nepali and Sanskrit to four of the same.
+977 56 530738

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-06-24 19:54]

Direct link Reply with quote

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:18
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Through thank-you's Jun 24, 2004

Although there is no option to give partial points, other askers who helped you will appreciate your thanks. When you select your chosen answer, you have a chance to make comments. Here you can discuss any factors you considered in determining the best translation of your term, and you can mention and thank by name all the answerers who helped you.

Nedzad Selmanovic
Local time: 23:18
English to Bosnian
+ ...
comment Jun 24, 2004

My point of view is that the asker should be given an opportunity to grade the best answer, and it might look as small site improvement if all other answers could be graded automatically with minimum KudoZ points. The question is whether that would increase traffic on the site or not, which then imposes other questions related to technical support.
However, I strongly support improvements and therefore believe that participants will be given additional option while grading their KudoZ question.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 17:18
It is possible to award points to only one answerer Jun 24, 2004

While I am always open to improvements, the fact that only one person can be awarded points is an integral part of the way KudoZ works. GoodWords' suggestion to thank the others is the best answer, I think.

Thanks for the suggestion, PRAKAASH.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rating more than one answer - possible? (Staff: 'no')

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs