Mobile menu

How do I thank the answerers without grading the answers?
Thread poster: Mayra Reider
Mayra Reider
Mexico
Local time: 14:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2004

I am fairly new to KudoZ and I have seen other people thank me for answering or agreeing with a question, but I don't know how to do it when I ask a question.

Thanks

Mayra.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:08
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You can add a comment Jul 23, 2004

But I would like to know too, if there is another alternative.

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:08
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
You can decline the answer while thanking the answerer Jul 23, 2004

or thank them all in the end when you put your comments while grading. The message gets through.

Giacomo Camaiora  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:08
English to Italian
+ ...
As there's no specific feature now, Jul 23, 2004

Parrot wrote:

....or thank them all in the end when you put your comments while grading. The message gets through.

.. I'm used to thank every concerned answerer for their help writing something specific at the end of the comment while grading the winner, as said above.

Giacomo

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:08
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Yes there is... Jul 23, 2004

Giacomo Camaiora wrote:
As there's no specific feature now,...

In fact the grading moment is the important one. All your comments can be written there and they will reach all those who answered to your question.

Let's imagine that Patricia has given the chosen answer but Ed and me also answered and we helped you.
I wouldn't appreciate to see comments from the asker saying "Thanks Patricia", and nothing to the others. I prefer a single "Thanks", that can be addressed to everybody.
You can also comment on each answer and explain why you prefered the chosen one.

Claudia

[Edited at 2004-07-24 05:30]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I thank the answerers without grading the answers?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs