Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:57
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Sep 18, 2004

Once in while, the KudoZ Point Leaders in the last month are shown on my Home page with a link "see more". When I open the KudoZ Point Leaders, I only see the leaders of all time and for the last three months (in the corresponding language pairs).

Would it be possible to see at least the KudoZ Point Leaders in the last month, if not in the last week and last 24-hours and split into language pairs on the 'KudoZ Point Leaders'-page or somewhere(or are there reasons for limiting this)?
... See more
Once in while, the KudoZ Point Leaders in the last month are shown on my Home page with a link "see more". When I open the KudoZ Point Leaders, I only see the leaders of all time and for the last three months (in the corresponding language pairs).

Would it be possible to see at least the KudoZ Point Leaders in the last month, if not in the last week and last 24-hours and split into language pairs on the 'KudoZ Point Leaders'-page or somewhere(or are there reasons for limiting this)?

Maybe I'm just missing something...
Collapse

IanW (X)
IanW (X)
German to English
+ ...
Yes, but ... Sep 20, 2004

Hi Derek,

I must say, I'm surprised that no-one else has commented on this. While I agree that it might be useful to see the KudoZ Point Leaders in the last month, I think a week is too short a time, and the points tally for the last 24 hours is definitely out of the question. If that were the case, you would be judged on how many points you were awarded in those 24 hours, regardless of when you answered the questions.

I'd be inclined to say that things are OK the way
... See more
Hi Derek,

I must say, I'm surprised that no-one else has commented on this. While I agree that it might be useful to see the KudoZ Point Leaders in the last month, I think a week is too short a time, and the points tally for the last 24 hours is definitely out of the question. If that were the case, you would be judged on how many points you were awarded in those 24 hours, regardless of when you answered the questions.

I'd be inclined to say that things are OK the way they are, and that there are more important changes to be made in this regard, e.g. http://www.proz.com/topic/24865.

All the best

Ian
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
A can of worms... Sep 20, 2004

Hi Ian,

Yes, I'm also surprised that no one has commented yet - though I almost got the feeling that the discussion (=can of worms) you mentioned was a response to this post. You may be right about stats for the last week or 24 hours. It's not really all that important, but I got to wondering because the monthly stats actually show up (so the programming has already been done) and I can't find the complete list. I may have posted this in the wrong category. Perhaps "ProZ suggestions
... See more
Hi Ian,

Yes, I'm also surprised that no one has commented yet - though I almost got the feeling that the discussion (=can of worms) you mentioned was a response to this post. You may be right about stats for the last week or 24 hours. It's not really all that important, but I got to wondering because the monthly stats actually show up (so the programming has already been done) and I can't find the complete list. I may have posted this in the wrong category. Perhaps "ProZ suggestions" would have been better. I'd be interested to hear what "those in charge" have to say about this... I thought maybe there was a particular reason for not including these statistics on the leaders page.

Thanks for commenting!
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 01:57
SITE FOUNDER
No particular reason not to show them... Sep 20, 2004

... we felt that longer periods were more useful. No reason for the inconsistency on the home page--just inconsistency!

We'll have more options in a future leaderboard. Thanks for your input!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ Point Leaders

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »