Mobile menu

Provision for an asker to interact with individual answerers.
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:13
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 19, 2004

KudoZ is undoubtedly one of the main features of this wonderful website as it allows us to seek help whenever we face difficulties in respect of some complicated or ambiguous term or a typical and vague expression.

Under the current system, a peer can comment on an answer and an answerer can post his reply to that comment, if he wishes so. But there is no provision for an asker to interact with individual answerers and when some of them seek any clarification or want any information, the asker has to add the note, which is perhaps e-mailed to each and everyone participating in that particular question. I think the asker should have the facility to comment on every answer, if he finds it necessary to obtain further information. Of course, he can do so while grading or declining the answers but I think he should be able to do so while the question still remains open as it could result in further contribution on the part of answerers. I think, it would, ultimately add to the usefulness of this medium.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:43
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Adding a note is not a bad thing Dec 19, 2004

Hi langclinic

It's true that when you add a note it's sent to all those who have already answered or "asked the asker". But it seems to me that it's a good thing, because when you ask in KudoZ you ask publicly, and all the answers are kept for the community.
You can, of course, in your note say "XX, what do you mean by vvv?", but the others might be interested by the answer too or might know the answer.
Inteacting with individual answerers in KudoZ sounds like asking something in a classroom, and then asker and answerer quit the classroom to end the discussion elsewhere. All the interested members should be able to participate in the dialog.

If you really need a private explanation you can also contact the answerer via his profile.

There might be other opinions, this is how I see it.

George Rabel  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
I agree with Claudia... Dec 19, 2004

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Provision for an asker to interact with individual answerers.

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs